The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Anyone applied for Pinnacles for 2015?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Matt_Stark;55622095]ah that's a shame, but I remember looking around those two and they were quite nice!
I'm doing Maths as well (with the edexcel board) but I only need to revise for C3, C4 and D1 as I'm not resitting any of the AS modules but I've done many past papers for each already so I feel your pain!

I'm doing C3, C4 and S1 as my A2 units. D1 was one of my AS modules. Most people in my class either got an A or a U for that because they loved it or hated it. I'm resorting my C2 as well because I got AAD in my Maths last year, just had a bad day on that exam>.<
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
[QUOTE=Matt_Stark;55623995]I see, I did S1 last year! I wouldn't worry about it, I pulled an A pretty easily in it, as long as you know how to do all the standard deviation questions and such, you'll be fine!

Thanks for the confidence boost^.^ What other A Levels you doing and what other accommodation did you apply for?
[QUOTE=Matt_Stark;55626317]I do Maths, English and Computing (Doing Computing makes D1 so easy, we had already covered half of D1 in computing AS! :biggrin:)
If I could go back to the start of my A Levels, I wouldn't take English, not because I don't enjoy it because I do, but simply because it is quite hard to change between a essay writing mindset for English to the mathematical mindset for the others... What about you, what are you taking?
(And also I think it was Trigon, but I honestly can't really remember, since so few people seem to have selected Pinnacles as a first though, it's probably quite likely I'll get allocated there)

I do English too so I know exactly what you mean! I take Maths, English and General Studies. Last year I was taking completely different subjects, so this year I'm taking the two years of English in one. And I'm really glad I kinda messed up my first year because I love English so much now. So much work to do for it though and my AS English exam is on Friday. Worth it though:smile: I actually debated taking English at uni for a bit but Maths has always been my thing so I had to stick with what I wanted to do since I was about 8. And yeah, I think the thing that put me off about the Pinnacles is that you're either in sets of 2, 3, 4 or 5. If you're in a two and you don't like the other person you're with that kind of sucks:/ But Charlotte Court and Leadmill Point are both in 6's so out of 5 other people chances are you'll like at least one other person hehe
Hey guys, I got an offer for The Pinnacles accommodation yesterday! :smile: Have any of you been made an offer yet? x
Reply 24
Original post by Sapph1996
Hey guys, I got an offer for The Pinnacles accommodation yesterday! :smile: Have any of you been made an offer yet? x

I did yesterday! :smile: A119
Original post by nikkylad
I did yesterday! :smile: A119

no way!! I'm A119 too! Oh... just realised... same as facebook hahaha!
Original post by Matt_Stark
Congrats you guys on the offers!
Kinda jealous though, i can't get an offer until August after I have my A Level results back :s-smilie:

Aw damn, that's rather annoying! I didn't know whether you would still get made an offer even if you had a conditional place if you put it as your firm choice. I'm sure August will come around soon enough :smile:
Yeah, but i guess that's fair, people who will definitely be going should get the first round of offers and presumably the better halls/rooms because they have already finished everything, then followed by the firm choice conditionals then finally the insurance conditionals. So i'm not bothered :biggrin: Pinnacles is a far less applied to halls so i should still get a place!

Just gotta get through the next 3 weeks of hell (exams start Tuesday for me :s-smilie: ) then freedom!

Yeah, that's true. I'm sure you will still get a place though, as you said, it doesn't seem to be one of the really popular ones.
Ooh good luck with your exams!
I've just finished my first years, lived at the pinnacles and going back for my second year! I'm in flat A141
Reply 29
Original post by RebeccaLaura_
I've just finished my first years, lived at the pinnacles and going back for my second year! I'm in flat A141

I was wondering, what's the layout like? like how many floors are there in the block and how many flats per and stuff? I forgot to ask on the open day haha
Original post by nikkylad
I was wondering, what's the layout like? like how many floors are there in the block and how many flats per and stuff? I forgot to ask on the open day haha

There's 3 or 4 flats on each floor and there is 4 blocks so there A block, B1, B2 and C block! a block is the biggest with 8 floors and then C has like 7 floors! Any questions don't hesitate to ask
Reply 31
There's 3 or 4 flats on each floor and there is 4 blocks so there A block, B1, B2 and C block! a block is the biggest with 8 floors and then C has like 7 floors! Any questions don't hesitate to ask

ah that makes sense, thanks! did you feel safe/secure living there? seemed pretty good when I went, also how close are the supermarkets and stuff?
Well it's just a 5/10 minutes walk into the city centre where you have heron foods which is good for frozen foods and b&m across from there and then lots of local sainsburys and Aldi like 15-20 mins walk! Yeah it's really safe at the pinnacles they have 24 hour security who checks the halls at night and they are very friendly
Reply 33
Well it's just a 5/10 minutes walk into the city centre where you have heron foods which is good for frozen foods and b&m across from there and then lots of local sainsburys and Aldi like 15-20 mins walk! Yeah it's really safe at the pinnacles they have 24 hour security who checks the halls at night and they are very friendly

that's good! thank you for your help :smile:
I've been allocated the room B63.B so what does that mean? Can you break it down for me, I'm assuming B is the block and 6 the floor? I'm just a bit confused:tongue: I would also love to find out how many people I'd be living with not sure if there's a way to do that
B is the block & there is B1 & B2 and I think it's B1 you will be in. 63 is the flat number and the last B is your room
B is the block & there is B1 & B2 and I think it's B1 you will be in. 63 is the flat number and the last B is your room

Thank you that is helpful I understand it better now:smile: is there a way of finding out how many people I will be living with from the flat number?
Nope, it's normally 5 bedroom flat.
Thanks, I should be all good unless something goes horribly wrong, my mocks say I should get decent enough grades :biggrin:

Since we may all end up living in the same building here, I thought I'd do a "formal introduction" because why not?

Name: Matthew Stark
Currently living: Cambridgeshire
Degree I plan to study: Software Engineering
Interests: Technology, Anime/Manga (I know, I'm a weirdo :biggrin:), Few video games, SLEEPING (I'm just basically your stereotypical nerdy person!)

So feel free to either reply back with your own "formal intro" thing with as much or little information as you like, or not, your choice :smile:

(Anyone else applying to The Pinnacles too, feel free to introduce yourselves, it'll be good if we can all know each other before September anyway!)

I am from Cambridgeshire as well Matt! I applied to Pinnacles! Got my room number now, I am so excited! Can't wait to meet new people haha! :-)
Hey guys, I've just got my place at Pinnicles😆 new to the student room but just wanna get to know people before we go🙋🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending