The Student Room Group

Named Drivers on Car Insurance Policies

I just had a question about named drivers on insurance policies. I am looking into getting my first car and obviously it's useful to have named drivers to bring the cost down; however neither of my parents drive so I would be asking other family (aunties and uncles), I was just wondering how being a named driver could effect them say something were to happen on my policy. Just asking as I don't want to be affecting their no claims or having bills for voluntary excess sent to them.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by drjenno
I just had a question about named drivers on insurance policies. I am looking into getting my first car and obviously it's useful to have named drivers to bring the cost down; however neither of my parents drive so I would be asking other family (aunties and uncles), I was just wondering how being a named driver could effect them say something were to happen on my policy. Just asking as I don't want to be affecting their no claims or having bills for voluntary excess sent to them.
Thanks

Nah, doesn't affect them at all.
As long as you're the one driving when the accident happens (fingers crossed it doesn't!) then they wouldn't Be penalised.

however if your uncle/auntie decides to drive like fast and furious and blow up a bus, yeah it will affect them :tongue:

make sure you are the name driving if you are using the car the majority of the time. They've been stamping down on that recently. :frown: :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
awesome, thankyou! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending