The Student Room Group

Would you find it weird of your Bf/Gf called someone else babe?

Say if your girlfriend or boyfriend called someone else of the opposite gender babe?

They're not that good friends with this person either.

Thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Say if your girlfriend or boyfriend called someone else of the opposite gender babe?

Thoughts?

Depends on the person themselves - if they use it all the time and to multiple people, then it wouldn't be weird. If they only said it to their boyfriend/girlfriend and this one other person, then it could be weird.
I'd find it weird if even my partner called me babe

Thoughts?

My boyfriend used to say it all the time to girls (and guys jokingly xD),I just told him I didn't like it and it makes me uncomfortable so he doesn't call other girls babe anymore

I feel like it's a personal/flirty kind of name :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
My boyfriend used to say it all the time to girls (and guys jokingly xD),I just told him I didn't like it and it makes me uncomfortable so he doesn't call other girls babe anymore

I feel like it's a personal/flirty kind of name :smile:

Yeah I feel like it's a personal/flirty name too, I would feel weird myself if I called another girl babe.

I would say something but it was a while back and I didn't care at the time, but now I'm actually thinking about it, it upsets me quite a lot
Not unless they're from Essex :biggrin:
Original post by science-oliver
I'd find it weird if even my partner called me babe

Same :rofl:
Yeah I feel like it's a personal/flirty name too, I would feel weird myself if I called another girl babe.

I would say something but it was a while back and I didn't care at the time, but now I'm actually thinking about it, it upsets me quite a lot

i was the exact same. i didn't say anything for a while cos i know it's just his way of being friendly, but it worried me that other girls would perceive it differently. we didn't have a massive fall out over it, i just told him my opinion and he understood:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
i was the exact same. i didn't say anything for a while cos i know it's just his way of being friendly, but it worried me that other girls would perceive it differently. we didn't have a massive fall out over it, i just told him my opinion and he understood:smile:

Yeah I don't know why but like 2 weeks after seeing it I looked at it again and it made me really upset :frown: Not really sure why... it's just the way she said was so... I don't know so inconsiderate..
Yeah I don't know why but like 2 weeks after seeing it I looked at it again and it made me really upset :frown: Not really sure why... it's just the way she said was so... I don't know so inconsiderate..

awww same, i wish i wasn't so insecure:frown: but it's just the way i am, i overthink and little things get to me. but he understands me and accepts me as i am, and that's the main thing :smile:
It's an American word, I prefer english ones like "my dear"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending