The Student Room Group

What are your plans for study leave?

Poll

What are you plans for study leave

Study leave is approaching :cookie: It's next week for some people :eek3:

What are you going to do over study leave? :biggrin:

Are you going to revise from home, or are you going to go into sixth form to work? Or somewhere else? Or not revise at all...?

Good luck everyone, hope your revision is going well. :woo:

:jitsu:

Check out the revision hub if you haven't seen it already. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I broke the poll :beard:

EDIT: No more poll smilies :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
xx

Study leave was the most exciting part of my A2 experience :yep: . It was the chance to learn everything required for the exam in my own time, exactly how I wanted to do it, at what speed I wanted to do it :yep: . Essentially, study leave is the first taste of University life :ahee: . You can do what you want, when you want, and nobody will check up on you :nah: . Of course, the school put on various revision sessions, but the wake-up-at-11am routine I got myself into was a welcome change to the 8.30am starts we had :tongue:
Original post by Nirgilis
Study leave was the most exciting part of my A2 experience :yep: . It was the chance to learn everything required for the exam in my own time, exactly how I wanted to do it, at what speed I wanted to do it :yep: . Essentially, study leave is the first taste of University life :ahee: . You can do what you want, when you want, and nobody will check up on you :nah: . Of course, the school put on various revision sessions, but the wake-up-at-11am routine I got myself into was a welcome change to the 8.30am starts we had :tongue:

This is amazing, I never thought about study leave like this :beard:
This is amazing, I never thought about study leave like this :beard:

I was lucky and had Study Leave at GCSE level as well. I knew from the age I was 16 that school wasn't the lifestyle for me. I had my eyes on uni since then :ahee: . It's a real shame that my undergraduate years are nearly over :tongue:

What did you get up to in your Study Leave? :smile:
i wish i could go on study leave now, i have another 4 weeks of class revision and it's such an inefficient waste of time

What did you get up to in your Study Leave? :smile:

I have to confess I was not a model student :getmecoat: I didn't do a whole lot of work :redface:

Original post by vincentjack
i wish i could go on study leave now, i have another 4 weeks of class revision and it's such an inefficient waste of time

:console: Why do you think it's a waste of time...?
:console: Why do you think it's a waste of time...?

personally i get much more revision done if i'm home all day - i'm actually skipping my lessons today for that reason. we've finished all the content in all my classes now.
(edited 8 years ago)

Didn't you have freedom before?

In my college you can do whatever you want, when you want and pretty much no one checks up on me/us!

Sounds like your still in High school!
Original post by Lemon Haze
Didn't you have freedom before?

In my college you can do whatever you want, when you want and pretty much no one checks up on me/us!

Sounds like your still in High school!

I'm currently completing my final year of a degree :tongue:

At my school we could do what we wanted, when we wanted and for whatever reason, the only difference is I wanted to go to lessons, and I wanted to be taught stuff by the teachers. However, lessons were very rigid - you could only go as fast as your slowest member. During Study Leave, anything I knew by heart I could skip (which we couldn't do in lessons) and anything I struggled with I could spend extra time reading around, doing exercises and the like. This was much preferred than sitting in class learning photosynthesis for the umpteenth time :rolleyes:

I agree.

Was just sitting in class thinking "I can't wait to go revise this properly"
(edited 8 years ago)
personally i get much more revision done if i'm home all day - i'm actually skipping my lessons today for that reason. we've finished all the content in all my classes now.

:eek: Naughty! Are you allowed to do this?

I find I revise best in cafes. There's something about having the presence of other people and feeling like they're watching you that helps me to concentrate. :yep: Like... if I'm there with my books, but I'm browsing Facebook I can hear them silently judging me. Although obviously they really don't care.

Plus lots of luxurious coffee :colone:

EDIT: This sounds somewhat unhinged when put into writing. :yy:
(edited 8 years ago)
probably gone go my sixth form to revise or get help,i start exams on may 11 and end on may 19
:eek: Naughty! Are you allowed to do this?

I find I revise best in cafes. There's something about having the presence of other people and feeling like they're watching you that helps me to concentrate. :yep: Like... if I'm there with my books, but I'm browsing Facebook I can hear them silently judging me. Although obviously they really don't care.

Plus lots of luxurious coffee :colone:

EDIT: This sounds somewhat unhinged when put into writing. :yy:

it's not allowed but they never ring home if it's just one day

yeah cafés are great for revision! especially if you just take books and no internet devices.
Original post by scrawlx101
probably gone go my sixth form to revise or get help,i start exams on may 11 and end on may 19

how many exams have you got if you mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by noey123
how many exams have you got if you mind me asking? :smile:

wat about you?

may 11 eco and psychology
may 15 eng lit

may 18 psychology
may 19th eco

may 20 SLEEP DAY :smile:
Reply 16
we don't get any study leave at my college, even on the days we have exams :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Charx0
we don't get any study leave at my college, even on the days we have exams :frown::frown::frown:

Wow, why is that? Do you have revision lessons instead?
I'm going to revise mainly at home but I will go into sixth form a few days to revise when I'm leaving an essay off with a teacher to mark or something. Might also try the cafe option :bigsmile:

To be honest I've stopped going to "lessons"
Still have another week of school woops

Quick Reply

Latest