The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

English offer holders?

Seen loads of discussions for 'English and creative writing' offer holders at Warwick, but none for straight English.

I can't be the only person!!

Post and say hi :smile:
:bump::bumps::bump:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by thewishfulwriter
Seen loads of discussions for 'English and creative writing' offer holders at Warwick, but none for straight English.

I can't be the only person!!

Post and say hi :smile:

Sorry, I've only just seen this! I'm a straight English offer holder! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
Sorry, I've only just seen this! I'm a straight English offer holder! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg finally someone replies! Yay!! :biggrin: Hello!
Omg finally someone replies! Yay!! :biggrin: Hello!

I'm sorry! I genuinely didn't realise there was a post going. How are your exams going? I've not even started mine yet but, English seems to be promising. I'm hoping I'll manage that A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry! I genuinely didn't realise there was a post going. How are your exams going? I've not even started mine yet but, English seems to be promising. I'm hoping I'll manage that A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe that's okay :smile: Mine start on Monday. I'm feeling confident for English too - it's just so much pressure knowing that all of this determines whether or not we'll get into the course we want to!! What other subjects do you do?
Hehe that's okay :smile: Mine start on Monday. I'm feeling confident for English too - it's just so much pressure knowing that all of this determines whether or not we'll get into the course we want to!! What other subjects do you do?

Good luck for Monday then! Mine don't start until Tuesday. I'm doing A2 English Lit, Sociology and Psychology, you? I'm nervous about the offer. Whilst AAA isn't out of the realm of possibility, it's still making me anxious. Do you think as long as my English grade is A/A*, if one grade is a B, I'll still be accepted? I'm hopefully just worrying for nothing.
It's so weird that results day is like 68 days away now, and all my exams will be over in two weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck for Monday then! Mine don't start until Tuesday. I'm doing A2 English Lit, Sociology and Psychology, you? I'm nervous about the offer. Whilst AAA isn't out of the realm of possibility, it's still making me anxious. Do you think as long as my English grade is A/A*, if one grade is a B, I'll still be accepted? I'm hopefully just worrying for nothing.
It's so weird that results day is like 68 days away now, and all my exams will be over in two weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard other people have been let in if they just drop one by a grade, so I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile:

I'm doing English Lit, Geography and History. Good luck to you too!!

Have you applied to accommodation yet? :smile:
I've heard other people have been let in if they just drop one by a grade, so I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile:

I'm doing English Lit, Geography and History. Good luck to you too!!

Have you applied to accommodation yet? :smile:

Thanks, that's reassuring to know! I've not applied for accommodation yet. I've got a rough idea of which ones I want in what order but I've not actually done it yet. What about you? Have you applied and if yes, what did you choose? If you don't mind me asking that is! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, that's reassuring to know! I've not applied for accommodation yet. I've got a rough idea of which ones I want in what order but I've not actually done it yet. What about you? Have you applied and if yes, what did you choose? If you don't mind me asking that is! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I applied a few days ago :smile: That's fine - I picked (in this order) Jack Martin, Heronbank, Lakeside, Tocil, Whitefields, and Cryfield.

What are you thinking of?
Yeah I applied a few days ago :smile: That's fine - I picked (in this order) Jack Martin, Heronbank, Lakeside, Tocil, Whitefields, and Cryfield.

What are you thinking of?

I'm thinking Tocil, Whitefields, Cryfield, Rootes and Westwood, at the moment. But I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking Tocil, Whitefields, Cryfield, Rootes and Westwood, at the moment. But I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool :smile: It's so hard to decide!! >.<
What did you think of the English exam today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you think of the English exam today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh it wasn't too bad - could've been better, but I'm feeling positive that I've done enough. Here's to hoping! You?
Eh it wasn't too bad - could've been better, but I'm feeling positive that I've done enough. Here's to hoping! You?

Same, the first half was lovely and I feel really confident about it. The second? Not so much. But, my coursework and everything else was really good, so I'm hopeful. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, the first half was lovely and I feel really confident about it. The second? Not so much. But, my coursework and everything else was really good, so I'm hopeful. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here - hopefully I'll be seeing you at Warwick then! :biggrin:
Same here - hopefully I'll be seeing you at Warwick then! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed!!! You'll have to let me know how you did on results day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed!!! You'll have to let me know how you did on results day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will! And you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending