The Student Room Group

How much is the NHS bursary for Dietetics (& other AHP courses)?

I would like to go back to university to study Dietetics and want to know how much the NHS bursary is and if it is means tested. My husband works full-time and we are not entitled to any other benefits. Also is there a way to get help with childcare costs?
Original post by HelenDawnBrown
I would like to go back to university to study Dietetics and want to know how much the NHS bursary is and if it is means tested. My husband works full-time and we are not entitled to any other benefits. Also is there a way to get help with childcare costs?

Most of the NHS bursary is means tested. The first £1000 is non means tested, the rest is means tested. And yes there is parents learning allowance if you have a dependent child and childcare allowance if your child is under 15 (or under 17 with educational needs). This is the guide for students who have started this year:
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/Documents/Students/Bursary_Brochure_October_2014-15_%28V2%29_11.2013.pdf
Reply 2
I have four children and looked into bursary
Thinm the pla is about 40 week for a year though also
Plus bursary for children etc
Nhs funded courses are great for us with children :-)
so yes dietetics do cover childcare costs I'm not sure what percent 80/85?? But it's there to help :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending