The Student Room Group

Driving Fine/Points

Hi, I just wanted to ask if anybody knows what would be the most likely outcome for my situation.

Yesterday whilst driving home I was stationery at a traffic light. As the red light turned amber I proceeded but when I crossed the traffic light I got flashed. I was only doing around 10-15mph. I'm confused as to why I was flashed and what will happen?

Any answer? Thanks.
You're allowed to go at Red > AMBER so I have no idea why you got flashed :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
You're allowed to go at Red > AMBER so I have no idea why you got flashed :s-smilie:

That's what I'm confused about myself :/
Original post by a.khan134
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anybody knows what would be the most likely outcome for my situation.

Yesterday whilst driving home I was stationery at a traffic light. As the red light turned amber I proceeded but when I crossed the traffic light I got flashed. I was only doing around 10-15mph. I'm confused as to why I was flashed and what will happen?

Any answer? Thanks.

Are you absolutely sure you got flashed? Could it have been someone else? Or even just a reflection on the lens? A couple of times I've got worried as it can be hard to tell, especially if you're concentrating on the road and have your lights on. I've never heard of a speed camera that would give you a ticket for doing 15mph, and if you were just pulling away you're not going to have been going fast anyway. The traffic light cameras are there to penalise people who try to nip through as the light turns red, or just blantently go through a red if they think no one's around. The only thing I can think of is that the law is that no part of your car can be over the line if you're stationary and waiting at a red. Police don't really enforce this but a camera can. Could this be it?
Reply 4
Original post by Kayleighw27
Are you absolutely sure you got flashed? Could it have been someone else? Or even just a reflection on the lens? A couple of times I've got worried as it can be hard to tell, especially if you're concentrating on the road and have your lights on. I've never heard of a speed camera that would give you a ticket for doing 15mph, and if you were just pulling away you're not going to have been going fast anyway. The traffic light cameras are there to penalise people who try to nip through as the light turns red, or just blantently go through a red if they think no one's around. The only thing I can think of is that the law is that no part of your car can be over the line if you're stationary and waiting at a red. Police don't really enforce this but a camera can. Could this be it?

I think I might have just crosses the line quick after the light changed fingers crossed nothing happens! Thanks for your reply!
Original post by a.khan134
I think I might have just crosses the line quick after the light changed fingers crossed nothing happens! Thanks for your reply!

It's a bit silly though, as the penalty for doing so is always 3 points. In reality, I can't see that any harm is going to arise from someone's tyres being an inch further than they should be. But people speeding (often quite significantly) which is dangerous and undoubtedly linked to increased risk of accident) can get away with doing a course and no points -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending