Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Not enough student finance!

---
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by _sarahelx
Okay so basically when applying for student finance they needed my mum to submit some evidence, however my mum couldn't do so. I'm elijable for the maximum amount but because of the evidence I can now only get £3373 which is nowhere near enough. The rent for my accomodation costs me £5586 just for RENT alone!!! what should I do??????

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I have a few suggestions. Firstly talk to The Hub. They may be able to offer you a short term loan to cover the over heads.

Secondly look into finding both part time work and seeing if you are eligible for a scholarship.

Lastly as this academic year is almost over, it's worth looking for a house share outside of the city center, if you find the current accommodation too expensive. It can cut your rent from around £500 a week down to about £200.

Best of luck
Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Ignore student lynch.

The answer is simple get the evidence SFE wants no ifs no buts as there is no way around it.

If that is genuinely impossible and I would question why exactly as they don't ask for unreasonable evidence then you can't afford to go to university solely from student finance.

You will then need either funding from family or a job.
Student Lynch... The way the fees are nowadays it would actually be sensible to rely on your parents a little. Even with the £3300 fees i only managed to save £2000 for the year over each of the summers. My parents were happy to pay the rest. No we are not rich, just a normal working class family. There is a reason student finance is around and its to help those who need funding.The MATURE decision wouldn't be to struggle and go alone. You clearly are not mature enough to understand that reasoning.

Sarahel, definitely look into what you can do to get some sort of evidence for your loan. University is a great experience and it can definitely increase career prospects. Looking at accom about a 20 min bus ride away from uni youre looking around £86 PW inc. bills, whereas close to uni its around £130. Definitely dont give up on your options.
Reply 4
Get the evidence or get a job?

Quick Reply

Latest