The Student Room Group

Question about EDEXCEL Language GCSES

I have completed 60% f my Chinese GCSE so far, I have achieved an A and an A* (according to my teachers estimates) in my writing papers which account for 30% and in my Speaking she believes i got 23/30 in both of them (speaking also accounts for 30%) according to last years grade boundaries was this just what you needed for an A . I also have my final 40% coming up soon.

How is the overall grade calculated, do they add up all the marks from every paper or do they say for instance he got A,A,B,B,C,C so he's a B overall?????

Also, what tends to be the trend are grade boundaries going up in languages???
Original post by Tom6
I have completed 60% f my Chinese GCSE so far, I have achieved an A and an A* (according to my teachers estimates) in my writing papers which account for 30% and in my Speaking she believes i got 23/30 in both of them (speaking also accounts for 30%) according to last years grade boundaries was this just what you needed for an A . I also have my final 40% coming up soon.

How is the overall grade calculated, do they add up all the marks from every paper or do they say for instance he got A,A,B,B,C,C so he's a B overall?????

Also, what tends to be the trend are grade boundaries going up in languages???

Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending