The Student Room Group

Am I being really immature?

Scroll to see replies

She is paid for the "Duty of care" that encompasses your whole wellbeing while on the school grounds as a registered student.
This provides protection against, angry mobs and your parents.

By law if they don't assist you to the best of their abilities at least with matters concerning your physical or mental health while on their grounds they are ignoring their duty.

Please don't post multiple threads. It floods the whole forum.
Reply 21
Original post by Arkarian
She is paid for the "Duty of care" that encompasses your whole wellbeing while on the school grounds as a registered student.
This provides protection against, angry mobs and your parents.

By law if they don't assist you to the best of their abilities at least with matters concerning your physical or mental health while on their grounds they are ignoring their duty.

Please don't post multiple threads. It floods the whole forum.

Thank you and Sorry!
Reply 22
Original post by Arkarian
Step 1 - Show her the messages

Choice - 1

1 - She helps you.

2 - She ignores you or tells you to go away.

Pathway

1 - Problem solved (Good End 1)

2 - Take the problem to her again in another lesson the same day
BUT record the conversation on a device like your phone

//Footnote - Recording conversations without a subjects knowledge isn't illegal in the UK but you may want to check your area jurisdiction
//Footnote - On other terms it can't be illegal to record conversations because they can be use as evidence in court

Choice - 2 (AFTER CHOICE 1)

3 - Go to the head teacher and report the teacher for negligence of her job

4 - Take up the matter with a counselor

Pathway

3 - Headteacher has a direct talk with the teacher and

3.1 - He fires them (Good end [mostly])
3.2 - He forces them to deal with your problem (Good end + the teacher will probably listen and assist you more)
3.3 - He gets the teacher to do specific training as punishment (The teacher will be hyper aware and try to help sort out everyones problems OR will quit)

3b - He ignores your request (Interesting end)

//Footnote - If he ignores your report or tells you to get lost, you should go to either your parents or police and report the school for not standing up to their duty to keep you safe
//Footnote - He is bound by law to protect your wellbeing and to deal with teachers if they are abusive or unhelpful, the law in your area should allow you to sue them for dereliction of duty

4 - The counselor takes the report anonymously to the head teacher, the report may include your name unless you request for it to not.
The counselor is also law bound that if nothing is done to prevent these things to report it to the police. (Easy end)

Thanks but I wouldn't do that
1. I know I ranted but I do like her and don't want her fired she is an amazing teacher
2. I don't want to tell the head or a counseller as it would mean telling them everything which isn't going to happen
Reply 23
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Hm, ok, but if she trys to talk to you soon don't shut her off. I don't think you have taken advantage and i don't think she doesn't care.
It's more likely to be some personal problem for her or it could be she's been told to leave you be by a superior.
I just find it a bit unlikely that she would have been willing to give you the time and help before if she didn't care. She isn't obliged to help you for her job so she must have cared to begin with :smile:
Maybe just give her a bit of space for a while, but if you REALLY needed her she'd probably be there.
Besides otherwise you'll have to stick with just us lot to talk to :wink: who wants that eh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha thanks I am gonna leave her for a bit, we go on study leave next thurs so will maybe talk to her again after exams may come in one day and see if I can catch her and apologise! I have her teaching me for the first time for A level in September.
My plan is to buy her a present as well as the other teachers and say 'thank you for being there;
Original post by hollyobxox
x

I have merged your two threads together now. Hope you get things sorted out soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
She's done nothing wrong, your emotional state is not her problem. Not all teachers are like this though, many are very happy to listen.

Quick Reply

Latest