The Student Room Group

Two people applying for the same course?

If two people from the same school apply for the same course e.g. Asian and Middle Eastern studies at a top-end university such as Cambridge is there a possibility they will both be given an offer? Or will only one, if any? Will applying for different colleges matter? I'm a bit confused about what the colleges are, can someone please explain?
Original post by Squigysqump
If two people from the same school apply for the same course e.g. Asian and Middle Eastern studies at a top-end university such as Cambridge is there a possibility they will both be given an offer? Or will only one, if any? Will applying for different colleges matter? I'm a bit confused about what the colleges are, can someone please explain?

It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. However, you could try asking a Cambridge admissions tutor here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3257071
Original post by Squigysqump

Of course there is a chance both will be given an offer. A uni wouldn't reject a student just because they'd already accepted another student from the same school.

Obviously though, there is a chance one will be rejected and another will get a place due to other factors.
It's irrelevant to admissions decisions - each student will be judged on their own merits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending