The Student Room Group

Pretty people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Would you rather that or never getting approached at all?

People only date ugly people if they're desperate and that must be so horrible for the ugly person knowing they were never someone's first choice but a last resort

No, I'd definitely rather be approached. But it might not be that te only reason someone dates an ugly person is because they're desperate, they might have an amazing personality plus the other person might be on the same level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47
I wasn't lucky with my genetics. I used to be hideous​ until I manned up and realised I needed to change if I wanted to be pretty.

Fair enough diet and exercise can get you a decent body

But what about the case of a guy who is really short or has an ugly face? He can't cover that up with make up can he?
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
I disagree. There's a huge stigma when it comes to being attractive. Hence this OP, for starters :colonhash: No one thinks attractive people struggle because they're so hung up over their own shallow insecurities. It's only shallow people who complain about shallow people. No one takes attractive people seriously, or thinks they're capable of anything useful.

Don't even bother to dispute this; your OP says it all, and your resentment to them and you going Anon to vent.

Who's disputing anything?
Original post by channies
No, I'd definitely rather be approached. But it might not be that te only reason someone dates an ugly person is because they're desperate, they might have an amazing personality plus the other person might be on the same level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol a 9/10 would never date a 4/10 no matter who good their personality was
And the "throwing themselves at them" is such a myth! Many times (often, actually) people see someone attractive and stray from them because they're afraid they'll get all the attention. And try going on a job interview. I already learned that there's a "science" to how to present yourself. If you're too sexy on interviews, even the job itself, it causes serious problems, for obvious reasons.

I'd rather be an average person who compliments myself nicely, than the overtly good-looking/flamboyant diva I have often been called :sigh:. Sure I get a lot of "hollas" when I walk down the road and chatted up when I go out. But for what? Drool? Flattery? Fake friends? No good "men?" Resentment from strangers like yourself, and even family? And what else do I get for being pretty? Oh right, a modelling career (that no one respects, where I end up with an eating disorder and a drug addiction and a life full of public scrutiny and intrusion.)
Who's disputing anything?

I said don't bother to dispute, meaning no one has disputed yet :colonhash: Do you think you're smart?
That's all so minor though. There's no downside to being hot but there are plenty of downsides to being ugly

LOL what?
Jealousy has made people criminals. Ever heard about acid incidents?
Attracting shallow people means you might just be a trophy to someone. What's the whole purpose of living if you might just end up being similar to an asset?

Like i know ugly people have it much harder but at some aspect, it's okay.
Reply 27
Would you rather that or never getting approached at all?

People only date ugly people if they're desperate and that must be so horrible for the ugly person knowing they were never someone's first choice but a last resort

There is so much more to a relationship than 'looks'. That 'ugly' person may be their first choice in terms of personality, not everybody is superficial.
Reply 28
Good looking people have life so easy compared to average and ugly people.

When it comes to relationships they have everyone throwing themselves at them. Good looking people are always the popular ones. Even if they're dumb they can just get a job as a model or an actor and everyone will love them because of the way the look

It's so incredibly unfair these people are placed on a pedestal because they got lucky with their genetics.

It clearly is a bit of a lucky break. Mind you, to have people 'throwing themselves at you' you need to be in the very attractive set, which is relatively rare. Also I have noticed that these lucky folk often end up with just as much angst, being dumped, divorce etc. as more normal people. And I guess there is some hassle associated with being dangerously attractive. I'd give it a go though..
Lol a 9/10 would never date a 4/10 no matter who good their personality was

This is such 15 yr old thinking, I can't. Do you go outside. I've seen very attractive people with average/below average all the time. Who are you to say what a 9/10 or 4/10 is anyway? Half of these celebrities you love have "ugly" significant others, or we're simply shocked to see who they're dating like "her?! with him?! why?!" Grow up. :facepalm2:
Original post by pagorai
LOL what?
Jealousy has made people criminals. Ever heard about acid incidents?
Attracting shallow people means you might just be a trophy to someone. What's the whole purpose of living if you might just end up being similar to an asset?

Like i know ugly people have it much harder but at some aspect, it's okay.

Original post by Hanya Pouncey
There is so much more to a relationship than 'looks'. That 'ugly' person may be their first choice in terms of personality, not everybody is superficial.

You two: :adore:

No there isn't. Looks are EVERYTHING. If you were dating a male model and he couldn't even speak the relationship would still be incredible.
This is such 15 yr old thinking, I can't. Do you go outside. I've seen very attractive people with average/below average all the time. Who are you to say what a 9/10 or 4/10 is anyway? Half of these celebrities you love have "ugly" significant others, or we're simply shocked to see who they're dating like "her?! with him?! why?!" Grow up. :facepalm2:

LOL a 9/10 wouldn't even acknowledge a 4/10's existence.
You two: :adore:

lol :biggrin:

If there's no sexual attraction to the ugly person you wouldn't date them would you?

Would you rather date Prince Charming with a bland personality or shrek who's a laugh?
Original post by hdindak
i think people romanticise being attractive and think that if you are then your life must be perfect and stuff- which obv it isnt going to be

Romanticise. Awesome and precisely.

Original post by channies
At least if you're ugly and people like you it's not for superficial reasons. Also if you were constantly approached and you were already in a relationship it might get annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

EXACTLY! I feel this way all the time, when I first left my ugly duckling phase around my late teens I soaked up all the attention, but now even just in my early 20's I'm so over it. Now I just walk around looking like this :colonhash: when someone says something lewd about my hair or legs -,-
Original post by Fabregas07

Exactly hahaha
Original post by Fabregas07

I'm done getting upset because now I know there are people who have common sense about this. I mean the fact that you're rating people with numbers based on their looks is sad alone. I'll just pray for you that one day you grow up.
Exactly hahaha

5/10's and below may as well kill themselves because life is truly awful if you're not 8/9 out of 10
(edited 8 years ago)
Exactly hahaha

Just because someone shares that juvenile thinking it doesn't mean you're right. It just means you both will be miserable wanting to look like a celebrity who you have no idea is terribly unfulfilled.

Quick Reply

Latest