The Student Room Group

Tesco interview HELP

Hi all,

i was woundering if someone of you would be able to help me.
I have an interview with tesco on Thursday which will be my first interview so I am very nervous!!

Would any any one be able to help me with what questions will be asked, what I need to wear, do you get offered the job on the day and anything else useful!

Any my help will be appreciated !! :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Hey James,

First, relax! Quit overthinking everything. Indeed it is nerve-racking but you must appear confident in your answers, your speech and body-language. Interviews in customer service are primarily all about how you handle yourself as a person and whether your personality suits that area. Internally they will be assessing how you will be able to conduct yourself while on the job, conversing with customers, handling certain duties...

In my experience a smile, confidence, a polite attitude and a little bit of banter with the interviewer go a long way.

Dress smart/casual. If you don't know the answers to their questions, then b******* with a few low-frequency key words.

Be yourself.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Congratulations on the interview :biggrin: I know how nerve wracking it can be, a few tips I can tell you

1) try to not work yourself up about it, at the end of the end of the day you are no worse off if you do not get it and chances are you'll get a better opportunity, and also you'll have had that first experience of it :biggrin:

2) wear something smart, but something you feel confident/comfortable wearing, i.e. fitted top, smart trousers... I speak from experience, trying to go super smart (and being a tomboy who felt really stressed that day) showed how self conscious I felt

3) There is a chance. especially if your job interview is for a sales assistant/cashier... they'll have a group interview... when I had mine, they had us all introduce ourselves, share a fact... then pair off and then memorize a fact about your partner then share with the group :smile: then also they gave us in pairs customer service related questions, asked us to define good customer service...

4) They'd also asked us about shift patterns we were able to work and fill out a sheet :smile:

5) Just be yourself... they'll like that, as long as you're polite and look interested, you'll be fine :smile: (mine took about 45 minutes give or take as well)

Good luck! and let us know how it goes (also don't forget to bring something like your passport/birth certificate and national insurance number for id :smile:
Thanks for your help! I'll let you know you know!
Hi all,I have an interview with Tesco on Monday which will be my first interview and I came from pakistan so my English is not too good so I'm very nervous can you please tell me which type of questions will be asked 😞😞!Any my help will be appreciated Thanks
Original post by Aqsa khalid
Hi all,I have an interview with Tesco on Monday which will be my first interview and I came from pakistan so my English is not too good so I'm very nervous can you please tell me which type of questions will be asked 😞😞!Any my help will be appreciated Thanks

Tell me about yourself?

Why Tesco?

Explain a time you provided great customer service?

Explain a time when you dealt with a frustrated / angry customer?

Tell me a time you worked well in a group?

Describe an example for good customer service?

My interview was fairly informal, however they asked me to tell them about myself and were judging how well I could talk. They were also checking to see if I could hold a conversation, (why not go travelling, instead of gap year/ work) e.t.c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending