The Student Room Group

Need some advice, mainly regarding LPC

I graduated last year but haven't secured a TC or started the LPC. Looking for advice on a few issues.

1. When are the start dates for the LPC? I think most start in either September or January, is that correct? Are there any other start dates for the LPC?

2. How long does it take to apply for the LPC? What is the minimum number of months before the term start date for me to make an application?

3. If I can't get a TC, where should I look for other legal routes (E.g. Paralegal or legal research roles)?

I am currently looking for TCs that begin in 2016, but even if I can get one (assuming by June/July), I'm not sure I'll be able to apply for the LPC in time. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your answer, that was really helpful. If you don't mind me asking, do you have any recommendations on particular agencies for searching for temp/permanent paralegal roles?

I am based in London and have graduated with good grades with a fair amount of legal experience, but I feel like without completing the LPC first it is extremely difficult to secure even a role as a paralegal/legal research assistant. Do you think it's realistic for me to continue aiming for these roles before starting the LPC?
I will take a look at those, thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest