The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

adult nursing undergrad Bournemouth

Hey my name is kerry and I'm going to be studying adult nursing at bournemouth. Im 19 and I live on the isle of wight and will be moving to bournemouth. Are there anymore people studying nursing at bournemouth? :smile:
Original post by kmather95
Hey my name is kerry and I'm going to be studying adult nursing at bournemouth. Im 19 and I live on the isle of wight and will be moving to bournemouth. Are there anymore people studying nursing at bournemouth? :smile:

Hi Kerry

My name is Amy and I am a second year student at BU.

If you have any questions about Bournemouth feel free to ask!

All the best

Amy
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Oh hey amy!

How do you find BU for nursing? Are you enjoying it? What was your first year like?

Kerry
Oh hey amy!

How do you find BU for nursing? Are you enjoying it? What was your first year like?

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I am a first year student studying Adult Nursing at Bournemouth and I love it! I am also from the Isle of Wight and moved to Bournemouth in September.

It is a great course, and there are loads of opportunities that the university offer. I am almost done with my first year and it has been amazing, I have learned so much both in uni and on placement!

Any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Beth
Oh hey amy!

Kerry

Hey Kerry

I am so sorry, I am a second year archaeology student. I wish I could help you more about your course! Beth would be a great person to ask :smile:

BU itself is really nice. If adult nursing runs along the same lines as most courses the first year is to pull you all up to the same level. The facilities at both campuses are really good.

If you are training in the Bournemouth hospital I can give you a little heads up though (if you haven't seen it before) :biggrin: The Bournemouth Hospital is big (and really really long) so you will get very fit walking about it :biggrin:

The town is equally as nice. There are lots of things to do and see. The beach is always worth a visit, as is the town centre. there is a cinema somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Sorry I can't help you more!

Amy
Reply 5
Awww thankyou so much both of you! I have been offered a bungalow in the student village as I will be moving with my daughter. Where do you do placement beth? Do you live in halls?
I have only been to bournemouth once and only seen the train station, asda and lansdowne campus. I'm looking forward to exploring.
Reply 6
Also I have no idea where I am going for placement and I am not sure when I find out. Any ideas?
Awww thankyou so much both of you! I have been offered a bungalow in the student village as I will be moving with my daughter. Where do you do placement beth? Do you live in halls?
I have only been to bournemouth once and only seen the train station, asda and lansdowne campus. I'm looking forward to exploring.

Hi Kerry,

Student village is on the Talbot campus, but there are direct bus links to take you to and from lansdowne campus :smile:

I got my placement locality in Bournemouth which I am super happy about, so I had my first placement in a nursing home. You wont find out placements until about 4 weeks before, but you should find out your locality soon if you haven't already?

I do live in halls and it's been great but I'm moving out to a house in September :smile:

Beth
Reply 8
Hi kmather95,

I'm a current BU student, doing my MA in Video Editing. I also did my BA here too!
Bournemouth is so beautiful, I really hope you and your daughter love it here. The bus links from the uni to town are great - very regular and a good price too.
The town centre is compact and is mainly pedestrian, which makes i much nicer to walk around, and the gardens and beach are lovely.
I really hope you both have a great time in Bournemouth - if you have any questions about the campus or the town, I'd be happy to help!

Alice
Reply 9
Hello. I'm really struggling at the moment and I don't know what to do. I can't afford to live in bournemouth so will be commuting. I'm finding it really difficult as admissions keep giving me more to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending