The Student Room Group

Why are members being banned?

Scroll to see replies

I don't see how banning is that bad. Surely they can just create another account? It's not like anyone cares about gems or badges, do they :s-smilie:
Europhile hasn't gone :lol:
Erm no :colonhash: I'm his number one lifting friend :cool:
You're like a child? Why would I fight you? :mmm:

Sureeeeeee, so you asked to get banned then created another account in the mean time? :teehee: No just your general way of speaking is thirsty :laugh: Erghhhh, what does dbi mean? Don't be ignorant? Please never use the word bae again.

Awww Pm me if you're feeling upset :tongue:
Original post by NeverTooLatte
Surely they can just create another account?

the mods will find you
Reply 24
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Erm no :colonhash: I'm his number one lifting friend :cool:
You're like a child? Why would I fight you? :mmm:

Sureeeeeee, so you asked to get banned then created another account in the mean time? :teehee: No just your general way of speaking is thirsty :laugh: Erghhhh, what does dbi mean? Don't be ignorant? Please never use the word bae again.

Awww Pm me if you're feeling upset :tongue:

I'm his bae though :love:

I'm your girlfriends age.. :mmm:

No lol, I made that other account ages agooooo. I asked for banning so I could concentrate on my studies but I'm just :colonhash: unbelievable smh. And lol, I'm just trolling with the :sexface:

Dbi means don't beg it hehehehe.

I have a bae to PM :colone: :sexface:
Original post by Observatory
I hesitate to call them trolls, but those accounts seemed to be solely trying to push certain views. I could say the same of a few others who aren't banned, however.

Oh do spread the word!

I love a little sip of gossip every now and then :giggle:

Please, come behind this desk, do tell me who you suspect are trolls that have yet to be banned but probably deserve it.
Original post by Josb
I was banned too. :frown: I'm just one blue card away from being banned again.
Birkenhead was banned recently, and xoxAngel_Kxox is currently banned.

The problem is when you post a lot in the D&CA section, you are statistically more likely to receive warnings and therefore be banned. Moderation is so inconsistent there that it is impossible to know what we're allowed to say. The same post can be removed with warning, without warning, or stay in place, depending on which mod is on duty, his current mood, his political opinions, etc.

True. It creates a horrible atmosphere and stifles debate. The current moderation culture is as bad for TSR as for individual users.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
Europhile hasn't gone :lol:

He'll never be gone :rofl:
Original post by Dinaa

No lol, I made that other account ages agooooo. I asked for banning so I could concentrate on my studies but I'm just :colonhash: unbelievable smh. And lol, I'm just trolling with the :sexface:

Nope you're not

Well **** you got me there...

Wow you are unbelievable :rolleyes: Yeah course you are :tongue:

Wow I'm not begging anyone :colonhash:

Your bf is on Tsr? :mmm:
Original post by + polarity -
the mods will find you

They don't know who we are. They don't know what we want. If we are looking for ransom, they can tell us they have maxed out their daily reputation limit. But what they do have are a very particular set of skills, skills they have acquired over a very long internet moderating career. Skills that make them a nightmare for people like us. If we let their threads go now, that'll be the end of it. They will not look for us, they will not pursue us. But if we don't, they will look for us, they will find us, and they will permanently block our IP from any future account creations.
Original post by Birkenhead
They don't know who we are. They don't know what we want. If we are looking for ransom, they can tell us they have maxed out their daily reputation limit. But what they do have are a very particular set of skills, skills they have acquired over a very long internet moderating career. Skills that make them a nightmare for people like us. If we let their threads go now, that'll be the end of it. They will not look for us, they will not pursue us. But if we don't, they will look for us, they will find us, and they will permanently block our IP from any future account creations.

lol wat
Original post by Birkenhead

:congrats:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Nope you're not

Well **** you got me there...

Wow you are unbelievable :rolleyes: Yeah course you are :tongue:

Wow I'm not begging anyone :colonhash:

Your bf is on Tsr? :mmm:

Original post by Dinaa

Please take it to PM's, or I'll be reporting the offending posts, as they are off-topic.

Thanks. :smile:
Europhile probably got himself banned.

Sigh
(edited 8 years ago)
Because they:

a) Ask for it since they want to focus on exams.

b) Because they deserved it . If anything more members need banning. They're far too soft with members these days.
Original post by Josb
and xoxAngel_Kxox is currently banned.

She probably requested it. :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Black Rose
She probably requested it. :smile:

Why would she do that?
Original post by Josb

The problem is when you post a lot in the D&CA section, you are statistically more likely to receive warnings and therefore be banned. Moderation is so inconsistent there that it is impossible to know what we're allowed to say. The same post can be removed with warning, without warning, or stay in place, depending on which mod is on duty, his current mood, his political opinions, etc.

I don't think this is correct. You're probably more likely to break the rules because people lose their tempers in there a lot. The likelihood of you getting a warning is more down to whether you're being an outspoken troll or not. You attract more attention that way and the mods will rightly go out of their way to punish a troll that's causing a public nuisance.

Being a serial offender is also a sure-fire way of being dealt with less leniently, too. A casual rulebreaker by some near-anonymous random user will tend to be overlooked and dealt with more leniently, whereas a regular customer will be dealt with to the "full extent of the law", so to speak. If you're being "victimised" by the mod team, it usually means that you're just not getting it and keep breaking the rules. In which case, growing up and sticking to the very simple rules is what you should do, rather than causing trouble and complaining at people that have heard it all before.
Original post by Josb
Why would she do that?

I don't know. Could be something work related, many have requested bans for that. I think she has previously too, doubt it's permanent.
Original post by Josb

Why was Birkenhead banned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending