The Student Room Group

Provisional Counterpart?

I got my provisional license in November, but I didn't receive a counterpart with it - I assumed that was because they're abolishing counterparts, but apparently I still need it if I want to take my theory test before the 8th of June.

Called DVLA today and they were about as helpful as a fork in a bowl of soup. Anyone got any ideas?

Because I really need to get this theory done and dusted because there's a 3 month waiting list for the test that I can't even book until I've passed theory.
Original post by Poldark00
I got my provisional license in November, but I didn't receive a counterpart with it - I assumed that was because they're abolishing counterparts, but apparently I still need it if I want to take my theory test before the 8th of June.

Called DVLA today and they were about as helpful as a fork in a bowl of soup. Anyone got any ideas?

Because I really need to get this theory done and dusted because there's a 3 month waiting list for the test that I can't even book until I've passed theory.

Very strange, particularly as the card is attached to the counterpart... :eek:
Reply 2
Original post by Emma-Ashley
Very strange, particularly as the card is attached to the counterpart... :eek:

My card was attached to a paper from DVLA which had the "This is your provisional driving license...." and info on rules and regulations
Reply 3
^^ that's what DVLA said when I called them. They said it was impossible that I didn't receive a counterpart because that's what the address is written on for the post office, but I'm looking at the paper right now, and there's no counterpart!
^^ that's what DVLA said when I called them. They said it was impossible that I didn't receive a counterpart because that's what the address is written on for the post office, but I'm looking at the paper right now, and there's no counterpart!

I suspect the paper you're looking at IS the counterpart :wink:

Search for driving licence counterpart on Google and look at the Images
Picture?

Also https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence allows you to use it
Reply 6
My card was attached to a paper from DVLA which had the "This is your provisional driving license...." and info on rules and regulations

Err that is the paper counterpart..
Reply 7
Original post by Emma-Ashley
I suspect the paper you're looking at IS the counterpart :wink:

Search for driving licence counterpart on Google and look at the Images

Original post by az08
Err that is the paper counterpart..

Those pictures show a piece of paper that says "counterpart driving licence" at the top. Mine doesn't.

It says "Your Provisional Driving Licence".
Unless these are the same, but it doesn't look like the images on google unless they recently changed the layout.
(edited 8 years ago)
Those pictures show a piece of paper that says "counterpart driving licence" at the top. Mine doesn't.

It says "Your Provisional Driving Licence".
Unless these are the same, but it doesn't look like the images on google unless they recently changed the layout.

Then upload a picture of what you got then.
Reply 9

Update - I have found the counterpart. My mum was "helpful" and put it in a filing cabinet before I even saw it, so that I didn't lose it, and then forgot about it. Thanks mum, now I look like an idiot. I've uploaded a picture of the paper I got through with it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending