The Student Room Group

Deferring Third year

I am currently at the end of my second year and about to do my exams, I have been considering leaving uni for a number of months but this is not what I would want as I hope to graduate. Is there a possibility of deferring my third year to return and complete my degree in September 2016?​ I feel that if I continue the degree it will become too stressful and I will not complete it to the standard that I would hope for, due to personal circumstances. Does anybody know if deferring third year is an option

Thanks
It can be, but you'd need to speak to your personal tutor to explore the options available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by BethanyLong
I am currently at the end of my second year and about to do my exams, I have been considering leaving uni for a number of months but this is not what I would want as I hope to graduate. Is there a possibility of deferring my third year to return and complete my degree in September 2016?​ I feel that if I continue the degree it will become too stressful and I will not complete it to the standard that I would hope for, due to personal circumstances. Does anybody know if deferring third year is an option

Thanks

It can be, talk to your personal tutor and tell them the reasons you mentioned in your post about stress and not being able to complete it to the standard you want etc. at the end of the day they don't want someone getting a bad grade so would probably rather give you a year out so you can come back fresh and get a better grade so it looks better for them haha. You'll be unlucky if the fees rise in 2016 aswell so take this into consideration before you make your decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethanyLong

Thanks

Speak to your tutor - at this point what you would be looking for is a suspension not a deferral (sometimes using the wrong words will get you the wrong or a confusing answer)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending