The Student Room Group

Oxford/Cambridge rejection - where are you going now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know its a Math thread but seeing as it is the only thread of its kind i will go for it. I got rejected from Oxford for Econ and Management. So far I am planning on St.Andrews as my Firm and Nottingham as my insurance, I am still waiting on St.Andrews for an offer though.
Reply 21
Rejected from Oxford (I'm a reapplicant) and probably going to firm Warwick.
Original post by Tsunami2011
Technically you're accepting less than second best:tongue: UCL isn't the second best in the country.

Kill my (attempted) inspirational quote why don't you :p:
Original post by Ree69
Rejected from Oxford (I'm a reapplicant) and probably going to firm Warwick.

Seems like many Oxbridge rejects who don't like the thought of London end up at Warwick. (I'm one of them)
Reply 24
Original post by Tsunami2011
Seems like many Oxbridge rejects who don't like the thought of London end up at Warwick. (I'm one of them)

Haha well I live in London and am determined to move out somewhere! This is why I deliberately didn't apply to LSE, UCL, or Imperial :tongue: (although now I think I'm convinced Imperial's better than Warwick for Maths...ah well.)
Hopefully Durham =)
I honestly believe that if you get rejected, if they don't want you, then you shouldn't want them either, you shouldn't want to go.

:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Ree69
Haha well I live in London and am determined to move out somewhere! This is why I deliberately didn't apply to LSE, UCL, or Imperial :tongue: (although now I think I'm convinced Imperial's better than Warwick for Maths...ah well.)

I'd say Warwick is better for maths, also would you really want to be at Imperial? While some people do enjoy it, it does have a bit of a reputation for being cruel to students and having little support.
Reply 28
Original post by Tobedotty
I'd say Warwick is better for maths, also would you really want to be at Imperial? While some people do enjoy it, it does have a bit of a reputation for being cruel to students and having little support.

Really? I always thought Imperial had the edge - it's just the other factors (location, little support as you mentioned, sex ratio, etc) that made it so much of an alarming concern!

Either way, I'll be firming Warwick :smile:.
Reply 29
Original post by Ree69
Either way, I'll be firming Warwick :smile:.

Ditto! :biggrin: Hi5
I can only dream of applying to Oxbridge!
Reply 31
I got rejected from Cambridge, the interview went so badly! I will be firming Warwick.
Reply 32
Like many, Warwick
Reply 33
I got an offer from Cambridge and flunked my exams (missed my insurance too), then applied to Oxford and resat, and got in.
Original post by ali0sha
I got an offer from Cambridge and flunked my exams (missed my insurance too), then applied to Oxford and resat, and got in.

Congrats :yy:
Reply 35
like just about everyone, i will be putting warwick as my firm offer. cant wait to take STEP!!
Reply 36
Alas got rejected by Oxford for Law too...

Waiting on Nottingham which will probably be my Firm with Manchester as insurance :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by oh_1993
like just about everyone, i will be putting warwick as my firm offer. cant wait to take STEP!!

Woop same here, which STEP you taking?
Reply 38
Original post by Jeddy
Woop same here, which STEP you taking?

Probably 1 and 2, but if my school is paying then 1,2 3 and AEA... might aswell
i was told at the open day that you can take as many as you want and they will take your highest mark for the offer.

paper 1 defo looks the easiest, which one/s are you taking?
Reply 39
durham/warwick PPE hopefully durham

Quick Reply

Latest