The Student Room Group

The Leeds United Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SentryE3D
Either Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, City or Shrewsbury. Would be disappointed with anything else. The rest of the PL aren't inspiring and the remaining Championship teams will probably win.

Really want Liverpool. Know a few Liverpool fans and there's always football banter, would love to play them.

I'd take Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea at home, I'd fancy ourselves against any of those . Either that or Shrewsbury.
Shite draw
Watford's a real shithole to be honest. It's annoying - because it isn't glamorous enough for you to get excited, despite it being a PL club. They'll probably beat you, too.
Original post by Mackay
Watford's a real shithole to be honest. It's annoying - because it isn't glamorous enough for you to get excited, despite it being a PL club. They'll probably beat you, too.

Exactly. Best hope is that they'll play all these knew foreign signings who won't have gelled or know much about the English game.
Original post by Mackay

Aye I stayed a weekend in Watford a few years ago and it was ****ing dire.
Original post by scriggy
Aye I stayed a weekend in Watford a few years ago and it was ****ing dire.

My sister lives there, mate. I try and avoid visiting whenever I can.
Winnable game this, had a deek on a Watford forum & their hatred of Leeds is absolutely fantastic.
Why do Watford and Leeds hate each other? Aside from the play-off final back in 2005-06?
Original post by Mackay
Why do Watford and Leeds hate each other? Aside from the play-off final back in 2005-06?

Leeds don't hate Watford, Watford are Watford what is there to hate? Besides Elton John.

Just read through this thread http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?57234-Watford-FC-vs-Leeds-United-FA-Cup-Fifth-Round
Original post by 90pies an hour
Leeds don't hate Watford, Watford are Watford what is there to hate? Besides Elton John.

Just read through this thread http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?57234-Watford-FC-vs-Leeds-United-FA-Cup-Fifth-Round

What a lovely bunch.
Original post by Mackay

Where'd you get that from?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Where'd you get that from?

Lad's post above...

... "had a deek on a Watford forum & their hatred of Leeds is absolutely fantastic."
Original post by Mackay
Lad's post above...

... "had a deek on a Watford forum & their hatred of Leeds is absolutely fantastic."

I personally can't think of any reason why the sets of fans wouldn't get on, apart from the fact that we're Leeds and opposition fans generally have a tendency to not like us.
You haven't won against Forest since 2012. Reckon that can change today?

Jamie Ward is on a bit of a run for them - and their defence is looking solid and compact under Freedman. It'll be an intriguing one. I hope you beat them, because that means you draw level with them and that chasing pack gets a bit more competitive.
Original post by Mackay
You haven't won against Forest since 2012. Reckon that can change today?

Jamie Ward is on a bit of a run for them - and their defence is looking solid and compact under Freedman. It'll be an intriguing one. I hope you beat them, because that means you draw level with them and that chasing pack gets a bit more competitive.

I don't see why not, last week against Bolton was the best we've played under Evans. Granted, this week we're at home and counter attacking opportunities will be lower I imagine the boys will be confident that they can get a result. Diagouraga sitting with Bridcutt frees up Cook to get forward and support the striker, so we've looked a lot more dangerous since his arrival, all be it only two games.
Castro Oliveira ffs.

Reading leapfrog you at this rate. They're drawing with Wolves at the Madejski.
Original post by Mackay
Castro Oliveira ffs.

Reading leapfrog you at this rate. They're drawing with Wolves at the Madejski.

Meh, I'm not that bothered. Is there much difference between 15th and 16th. It's where we'll finish come May anyway.
Tensions between fans and Cellino at an all time high. Joking or not, saying that raising ticket prices was meant to punish fans for telling him to go. Surely he has to sell, there's no way back for him, and no way forward for us under his lead.

https://twitter.com/philhayyep/status/697790915465891840

Poster/billboard outside Ellland road today.
Reason Watford hate us is because we beat them a few years ago either last day of the season or second last game, stopped them going up automatically and I'm sure Dom Poleon knocked out there keeper

Quick Reply

Latest