The Student Room Group

The Leeds United Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Love this thread!

Leeds United are the greatest club in the country, even in the "third division" we still made waves, beating the Scum at Old Trafford.

Anyone who has any interest in football has a view on us, They never ignore us, we are a proper club, with heart and soul even under the woeful Cellino. Clubs like Man City and Chelsea and obviously Scum sold their souls long ago...
Original post by theo1jinx
oh the memories. I always want Leeds to do well cause we share the hatred for MU.. But why did Alan do that? I get that Leeds desperately needed the money but was MU really the only option? felt like a backstab when I first heard the news back in 2004

I'm a United fan mate so not too bothered. Meh, he's not a local lad so I guess from the fans point of view it's a **** move, but if you look at it from his perspective he wanted to further his career with trophies and titles.
Original post by TornadoGR4
You know, there's a funny thing about Alan Smith. Alan fought hard to stay at the club. He was actually willing to drop down to the Championship, take a significant wage cut & fight to help his club back to the PL. He never wanted to leave. He was told the best thing he could do for Leeds was to leave, as the money we'd get for him would be more valuable than his goals.

But why Man United, one of the most fierce rivals of Leeds? Well, Alan actually wanted to play abroad as he couldn't bear the thought of potentially playing against Leeds United. And indeed, we did receive offers from abroad for him as well as offers from the Prem. The problem is the only team willing to pay the price tag as soon as possible, as time really was of the essence, was Manchester United.

Alan Smith sacrificed himself to the club he hates for the club he loves. He was painted out to be Judas when he was in fact our saviour. I don't hate Alan Smith for going to Man Utd, I admire him for saving Leeds United.

Indeed this lad loved the club. Most heart breaking moment in English football history
Original post by chocolate hottie
Love this thread!

Leeds United are the greatest club in the country, even in the "third division" we still made waves, beating the Scum at Old Trafford.

Anyone who has any interest in football has a view on us, They never ignore us, we are a proper club, with heart and soul even under the woeful Cellino. Clubs like Man City and Chelsea and obviously Scum sold their souls long ago...

Wouldn't say greatest ? I mean we (bradford city). Got to a major cup final in the fourth tier. This season beating Chelsea.

You have a lot of passion though...sort of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
Wouldn't say greatest ? I mean we (bradford city). Got to a major cup final in the fourth tier. This season beating Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol are you arguing that Bradford is better than Leeds in any sence? Leeds was in the top flight and was really competitive for some years!

Reached Semi's of the most prestigious club competition in the world!

Leeds are a big club that deserve to be in the premier league more than other petty clubs like Sunderland and QPR! MOT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well as a Bradford fan you certainly must have a view on us. Every Bradford fan I have ever met HATES Leeds with a passion because Leeds as a city overshadows Bradford and our club have had a lot of Bradford based supporters over the years.

Whereas I actually quite like Bradford and always want them to do well except when they play us. I like your supporters too except for the
Leeds hate...
Lol are you arguing that Bradford is better than Leeds in any sence? Leeds was in the top flight and was really competitive for some years!

Reached Semi's of the most prestigious club competition in the world!

Leeds are a big club that deserve to be in the premier league more than other petty clubs like Sunderland and QPR! MOT

What about Notts forrest? Or blackburn. No team deserves to be in the premier league you have to earn it by playing well. Sunderland and QPR have earned it. Leeds haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair play Tornado, made it towards page 3 within a day, shows Leeds are far more relevant then some of the prem ****e.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Fair play Tornado, made it towards page 3 within a day, shows Leeds are far more relevant then some of the prem ****e.

It's annoying how badly we get ****ed off really. Don't even look forward to the new season because I know that even more disasters await. Really need to get some dickhead like Redknapp in, let him buy those **** players, get us up and then pray that we can stay in the league for a season. Then, kindly to tell him to **** off, get rid of his deadwood with a new hungry manager and new hungry players and establish ourselves again. Finally, an oil rich Arab swoops in and pumps £200m into the club. Jobs a good'un :cool:
What about Notts forrest? Or blackburn. No team deserves to be in the premier league you have to earn it by playing well. Sunderland and QPR have earned it. Leeds haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile

True . Many clubs from the second tier got larger fan bases and more passionate fans than sides in the EPL. Such as forest, rovers that you brought up, aswell as boro wolves etc
Mowatt wins YEP's player of the year. A fair decision, but would have been Cook for me.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Mowatt wins YEP's player of the year. A fair decision, but would have been Cook for me.

It's definitely between those too.. Berardi has been brilliant lately too
It's definitely between those too.. Berardi has been brilliant lately too

Wouldn't quite say brilliant, but he's certainly come a long way this season, one of the few signings to have actually improved the squad.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Wouldn't quite say brilliant, but he's certainly come a long way this season, one of the few signings to have actually improved the squad.

Innit? ok brilliant maybe a little too much but the boy's definitely giving all he has
One thing I recognize about Redfearn is that he develops these young talents.. If Leeds manage to keep em, they should be really strong really soon
Reply 35
Original post by hskjlclcn

We'll overtake the Sunderland thread by Xmas.

There's loads of Leeds fan about, I actually frequently bump into one whenever I'm outside Leeds. I think there's more on TSR than what frequently post in this section, and it's easier to look over the Football League thread.
Original post by chocolate hottie
Well as a Bradford fan you certainly must have a view on us. Every Bradford fan I have ever met HATES Leeds with a passion because Leeds as a city overshadows Bradford and our club have had a lot of Bradford based supporters over the years.

Whereas I actually quite like Bradford and always want them to do well except when they play us. I like your supporters too except for the
Leeds hate...

Yes correct nearly all Bradford fans hate Leeds with a passion. I dont know about Leeds as a city overshadowing Bradford being the cause, not saying it dosent Leeds is a lot nicer city than Bradford. But back in the 80s it was the other way round I think, Bradford was really developed then.

The main reason Bradford fans hates Leeds is because of what happend in 86 at Odsal, were many Bradford fans believe that Leeds fans made a mockery of the Bradford fire by setting grass and the chip van on fire.

What do you like about our supporters ?

But you have to admit, when we play the atmosphere is mental !! Even this time in the cup. I dont think it was one sided because the Leeds fans buzzing when they scored and when they lost caused a bit of issues:biggrin:
Reply 37
I've had this discussion with another Bradford fan on here before. I'd say the Leeds/Bradford rivalry is quite one way. Bradford fans always seem to care what Leeds do & take every opportunity to ridicule us for whatever reason. Whereas Leeds fans don't give much of a toss about Bradford because they're just a small pokey club from the same area.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I've had this discussion with another Bradford fan on here before. I'd say the Leeds/Bradford rivalry is quite one way. Bradford fans always seem to care what Leeds do & take every opportunity to ridicule us for whatever reason. Whereas Leeds fans don't give much of a toss about Bradford because they're just a small pokey club from the same area.

Burn. Leeds biggest division rivals are the Wednesday and Huddersfield prolly.. overall MU
Lol Bradford are not a rival, irrelevant and inferior city in every way:

Quick Reply

Latest