Dirty Leeds:

The Glory Days:

Spoiler

Our Home:

Forever United:

We Will Be Back

Spoiler

Spoiler

"We've been through it all together, and we've had our ups and downs. We're gonna stay with you forever, at least until the world stops going round"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for quoting me in you ****.

My OP is better anyway.
Any of you have a burning hatred of Steve Evans, also? I can't stand the morbidly obese p***k. If he wears a sombrero Saturday..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4
Here we go with Leeds United

Division 1 Champions:
1968-1969, 1973-1974, 1991-1992

FA Cup Winners:

League Cup Winners:

Dirty Leeds:

The Glory Days:

Spoiler

Our Home:

Forever United:

We Will Be Back

Spoiler

Spoiler

"We've been through it all together, and we've had our ups and downs. We're gonna stay with you forever, at least until the world stops going round"

Love the dirty Leeds picture
Fair play.
Reply 5
Original post by The Wavefunction
Any of you have a burning for Steve Evans, also? I can't stand the morbidly obese p***k. If he wears a sombrero Saturday..

I'm actually rather glad Rotherham did it against Reading. Could you imagine if they won at Elland Road to remain in the Championship? They'd make a DVD & sing about it for 15 years. Plus, rather have them stay up than Millwall.
*******s to Leeds United tbf.
I'm actually rather glad Rotherham did it against Reading. Could you imagine if they won at Elland Road to remain in the Championship? They'd make a DVD & sing about it for 15 years. Plus, rather have them stay up than Millwall.

I'd have preffered to beat Rotherham on the final day and relegate them. I don't have many friends who support championship teams, apart from one who supports Millwall. I'll miss our chats. The only Leeds fan who wanted them to stay up I think.

Ps, also know quite a few Cardiff fans but they really get on my nerves, would happily see them go down.
Reply 8
Original post by Jangrafess
*******s to Leeds United tbf.

*Slight head nod of acknowledgment*

Although I am curious to know why Leeds are also hated by clubs that haven't really had any type of rivalry with Leeds. In the Bournemouth/Bolton match on Monday, the crowd were chanting "We all hate Leeds scum".

Also, big clubs can't even troll this thread because it'd be like kicking a puppy considering we get trolled by our owner weekly.

5th season in the Championship and we're still treading water :emo:
*Slight head nod of acknowledgment*

Although I am curious to know why Leeds are also hated by clubs that haven't really had any type of rivalry with Leeds. In the Bournemouth/Bolton match on Monday, the crowd were chanting "We all hate Leeds scum".

Also, big clubs can't even troll this thread because it'd be like kicking a puppy considering we get trolled by our owner weekly.

5th season in the Championship and we're still treading water :emo:

I think it's a historical thing. Leeds were universally hated by people a couple of generations older than us when they were Dirty Dirty Leeds and winning everything. If Man City or Chelsea aren't as successful as they are now in a few decades time people our age now will probably still hate them then. Then you've got the add on effect of newer supporters just taking chants and emotions as part of the crowd mentality. Now it's just a bit sad watching Leeds flounder pathetically. I feel sorry for the fans but I don't particularly want the club to be successful again just yet - it's time for another generation of clubs to have their shot. I do hope you get your owner situation sorted ofc.

wrt Bolton, that could just be the Lancashire/Yorkshire rivalry, with Leeds seen as the flagmark Yorkshire club because they're the biggest and most successful. Bournemouth were probably just enjoying their night and happy to sing anything, even feeling unity with the team they were beating because their achievement was so impressive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jangrafess
I think it's a historical thing. Leeds were universally hated by people a couple of generations older than us when they were Dirty Dirty Leeds and winning everything. If Man City or Chelsea aren't as successful as they are now in a few decades time people our age now will probably still hate them then. Then you've got the add on effect of newer supporters just taking chants and emotions as part of the crowd mentality. Now it's just a bit sad watching Leeds flounder pathetically. I feel sorry for the fans but I don't particularly want the club to be successful again just yet - it's time for another generation of clubs to have their shot. I do hope you get your owner situation sorted ofc.

wrt Bolton, that could just be the Lancashire/Yorkshire rivalry, with Leeds seen as the flagmark Yorkshire club because they're the biggest and most successful. Bournemouth were probably just enjoying their night and happy to sing anything, even feeling unity with the team they were beating because their achievement was so impressive.

Bournemouth hate us because we trashed their place the day we won the second division in 1990, i believe.
Any of you have a burning hatred of Steve Evans, also? I can't stand the morbidly obese p***k. If he wears a sombrero Saturday..

Yeah as a bradford fan. Hate him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We all hate leeds scum :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ross McCormack is a ****! :angry:
Calling this the Leeds United Thread One is awfully presumptuous.
Reply 15
Bournemouth hate us because we trashed their place the day we won the second division in 1990, i believe.

We also wrecked the place in a League One fixture...

Yeah, they have a pretty good reason to hate us.
Quiz. Which **** is this ****?
Original post by theo1jinx

That team around 2001 was special. Viduka, Smith, Kewell, Harte :coma:
Original post by IceyFish
That team around 2001 was special. Viduka, Smith, Kewell, Harte :coma:

oh the memories. I always want Leeds to do well cause we share the hatred for MU.. But why did Alan do that? I get that Leeds desperately needed the money but was MU really the only option? felt like a backstab when I first heard the news back in 2004
Reply 19
Original post by theo1jinx

You know, there's a funny thing about Alan Smith. Alan fought hard to stay at the club. He was actually willing to drop down to the Championship, take a significant wage cut & fight to help his club back to the PL. He never wanted to leave. He was told the best thing he could do for Leeds was to leave, as the money we'd get for him would be more valuable than his goals.

But why Man United, one of the most fierce rivals of Leeds? Well, Alan actually wanted to play abroad as he couldn't bear the thought of potentially playing against Leeds United. And indeed, we did receive offers from abroad for him as well as offers from the Prem. The problem is the only team willing to pay the price tag as soon as possible, as time really was of the essence, was Manchester United.

Alan Smith sacrificed himself to the club he hates for the club he loves. He was painted out to be Judas when he was in fact our saviour. I don't hate Alan Smith for going to Man Utd, I admire him for saving Leeds United.

Quick Reply