The Student Room Group

Can you delete an account? DO NOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT WITH TSR

is there a way of deleting a student room account? i think this site is not necessarily for students. Just snobby people that have no lives and stay on here to abuse and patronise others. I advice anyone reading this does not make an account.
Not all people on here are arrogant and nasty. The main thing for people to remember is that on here league tables mean everything. If you dont go to Cambridge or a Russell group uni, you're wasting you time, when in the real world that isn't the case.

Just have to look at oxfords suicide rate / depression levels compared to other unis to see how fantastic an oxbridge education is.

Yeah, it opens doors, if you dont have a full out mental breakdown resulting in an abrupt work induced suicide first.
Reply 2
Original post by King Boo
Not all people on here are arrogant and nasty. The main thing for people to remember is that on here league tables mean everything. If you dont go to Cambridge or a Russell group uni, you're wasting you time, when in the real world that isn't the case.

Just have to look at oxfords suicide rate / depression levels compared to other unis to see how fantastic an oxbridge education is.

Yeah, it opens doors, if you dont have a full out mental breakdown resulting in an abrupt work induced suicide first.

i go to a RG and have still been ridiculed on my posts, i thought this was a site where you can ask questions and get clarification but instead you are stupid for even asking. I have only just really started posting on TSR thinking that this site will help me through my university levels but within a few days it has actually already made me think if my decision to go to university was a wise one, i'd rather just not have an account. I heard you can ask to be banned
Original post by brownlovesmaths
i go to a RG and have still been ridiculed on my posts, i thought this was a site where you can ask questions and get clarification but instead you are stupid for even asking. I have only just really started posting on TSR thinking that this site will help me through my university levels but within a few days it has actually already made me think if my decision to go to university was a wise one, i'd rather just not have an account. I heard you can ask to be banned

Its stupid isn't it. Most of the threads on here are either about promoting or bashing islam, people singing the praises of the labour party, people acting all 'quasi intellectual', or people bashing each others universities. The thing that makes me laugh is the people who are so filled with contempt for other peoples uni's are normally the people who applied, and then failed to get into Oxford, then wound up in bristol / warwick / durham as a second choice. They're bitter about it, and then they take out their anger on other people trying to make themselves feel superior.

I'll be frank, i only come on here to kill time and argue / troll. If you want a helpful website, try yahoo answers - i wouldn't reference it in an essay, but for concepts the people on there are generally really helpful and knowledgable about their topics of interest! You can be banned, just post a ludicrously offensive, expletive filled, sexist, racist comment or post. Or just never login again. Either way works hahah.
(edited 8 years ago)
Its stupid isn't it. Most of the threads on here are either about promoting or bashing islam, people singing the praises of the labour party, people acting all 'quasi intellectual', or people bashing each others universities. The thing that makes me laugh is the people who are so filled with contempt for other peoples uni's are normally the people who applied, and then failed to get into Oxford, then wound up in bristol / warwick / durham as a second choice. They're bitter about it, and then they take out their anger on other people trying to make themselves feel superior.

I'll be frank, i only come on here to kill time and argue / troll. If you want a helpful website, try yahoo answers - i wouldn't reference it in an essay, but for concepts the people on there are generally really helpful and knowledgable about their topics of interest! You can be banned, just post a ludicrously offensive, expletive filled, sexist, racist comment or post. Or just never login again. Either way works hahah.

well that is a generalisation. Not all people that got rejected at Oxford develop this life-long desire to make themselves feel superior. Its just a college rejection haha I got rejected at Oxford and accepted at a top American uni(and rejected at other top American unis and accepted at other top Uk unis - that is called uni applications. Sometimes you get in sometimes you don't). That doesn't make me want to come here and bash people to feel better. Most people don't care that they got rejected after they go to another uni. There is life outside of Oxbridge. It's no big deal to get rejected from it or anywhere else. When you apply to uni you put yourself a mercé of other people. What's important is to try.
Original post by Gabrielxucram

well that is a generalisation. Not all people that got rejected at Oxford develop this life-long desire to make themselves feel superior. Its just a college rejection haha I got rejected at Oxford and accepted at a top American uni(and rejected at other top American unis and accepted at other top Uk unis - that is called uni applications. Sometimes you get in sometimes you don't). That doesn't make me want to come here and bash people to feel better. Most people don't care that they got rejected after they go to another uni. There is life outside of Oxbridge. It's no big deal to get rejected from it or anywhere else. When you apply to uni you put yourself a mercé of other people. What's important is to try.

Absolutely try and apply, but theres too many people on this website who look down upon other people because they may have chosen to go somewhere that isn't oxbridge. I saw the other day, a guy genuinely posted saying something along the lines of "Feel like I can't achieve anything in life without going to oxbridge"

Also, contrary to your opinion I do believe that people who go to Oxford or Cambridge and get accepted go on to develop an innate superiority complex. I've seen it happen first hand in some of my old friends.
You can see how most tsr users simply come here to seek help on their studies or meet prospective students at the unis they're applying to... and not post at all after that
Absolutely try and apply, but theres too many people on this website who look down upon other people because they may have chosen to go somewhere that isn't oxbridge. I saw the other day, a guy genuinely posted saying something along the lines of "Feel like I can't achieve anything in life without going to oxbridge"

Also, contrary to your opinion I do believe that people who go to Oxford or Cambridge and get accepted go on to develop an innate superiority complex. I've seen it happen first hand in some of my old friends.

You can't generalise it though. Sure there might be people that would be happier at Oxbridge but that doesn't mean that their rejection will shape their whole life thereafter. It is silly to think so. They may get upset, but then they deal with it and move on. If they are snobby is not because of an Oxbridge rejection. If they aren't, is not because they were accepted.

They develop an innate superiority complex? By definition, innate is something that exists from birth. One cannot "develop" an innate anything. Also, listen to yourself. You think Oxbridge is this satanic ritual that turns nice people into demonic creatures? People there are normal just like us... They might be proud of their alma mater but that doesn't mean anything. Of course there exceptions but you are saying people who go there develop this and this. It is a generalisation and a logical fallacy.
Reply 8
You're best off staying off of the more general topic areas.

If you require study help, look for one of the more relevant sections.
Study Help forum sections are great, stray away from not so useful places ie relationships etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending