The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Biomedicine offer 2015 entry

Hi there,

I have accepted an offer from uea to study biomedicine in 2015. I would like to know a lot more about the course and UEA itself.
(edited 7 years ago)
i wouldnt be concerned ... it has actually gone up in some of the other tables :smile: i was in the same place as you, i have an offer for biomedicine sept 2015 and had chosen uea because of its rank ... and i have just made it my firm offer :smile: the only thing that i am worried about really is that i need ABB and i think i am more likely to get ABC or BBC :frown: so yeh, dont worry too much, it is a really great uni and i certainly cant wait to go there (hopefully!) x
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I also have an offer for the UEA for biomedicine for 2015 entry!

I actually live near the UEA so I am familiar with the area, if there are any specific questions you'd like me to answer considering the surroundings I don't mind answering!

I haven't actually looked around the biological sciences department but I have looked around the campus. It is very large, quite a concrete jungle! However the atmosphere seems great and I shouldn't worry too much about the positioning on the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahcambridge97
i wouldnt be concerned ... it has actually gone up in some of the other tables :smile: i was in the same place as you, i have an offer for biomedicine sept 2015 and had chosen uea because of its rank ... and i have just made it my firm offer :smile: the only thing that i am worried about really is that i need ABB and i think i am more likely to get ABC or BBC :frown: so yeh, dont worry too much, it is a really great uni and i certainly cant wait to go there (hopefully!) x

It's so good to finally find someone else has firmed the UEA for biomedicine! I feel the same about the grades! I just don't feel like I'll get them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Don't worry too much about grades- I managed to get into Biomedicine on 3 Bs, folllowing some atrocious summer exams ( same entry requirements as they are now), Bio is an excellent school renowned for their teaching excellence. You've made excellent decision - you won't regret it.

I'm currently going into my 3rd year (I'm so old!) of Biomedicine so give me a shout if you have questions about the course as well - happy to help.

For now, enjoy your summer and don't forget to check out BioSoc when you arrive, best thing i did in first year.
Original post by lifeistoff
It's so good to finally find someone else has firmed the UEA for biomedicine! I feel the same about the grades! I just don't feel like I'll get them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you think it went?
Not a biomed student but I've lived with them for much of my course & so seen a lot of their stuff, & from what I know I'd definitely recommend it. They seem very satisfied with their course, and have had really high quality tuition. A lot of them are going on to really interesting masters degrees. Course rep on league tables goes up and down based on fairly minor stuff, but the overall reputation of the uni and the degree is very good. I wouldn't worry at all!
Good luck!
how do you think it went?

I think it went okay although I could have done better! However I had major surgery the month before my exams so I didn't feel best prepared! How did your exams go?

I went to visit the biomed department yesterday as I missed the applicant day and I really liked it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JBeebeUEA
Don't worry too much about grades- I managed to get into Biomedicine on 3 Bs, folllowing some atrocious summer exams ( same entry requirements as they are now), Bio is an excellent school renowned for their teaching excellence. You've made excellent decision - you won't regret it.

I'm currently going into my 3rd year (I'm so old!) of Biomedicine so give me a shout if you have questions about the course as well - happy to help.

For now, enjoy your summer and don't forget to check out BioSoc when you arrive, best thing i did in first year.

Are you thinking of going into medicine after you finish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello!

I'll be studying Biomedicine at the UEA this September. I moved to Norwich last year but deferred my entry to 2015. It's a great city, and the UEA has so much character!

Sarah
Original post by lifeistoff
I think it went okay although I could have done better! However I had major surgery the month before my exams so I didn't feel best prepared! How did your exams go?

I went to visit the biomed department yesterday as I missed the applicant day and I really liked it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi! im so sorry, completely forgot to reply!!!! :s-smilie:
how did results day go for you? did u get in?
i didnt think exams had gone well but results day actually went really well :smile:
hope to see u in september :smile:x
Original post by Skjackson
Hello!

I'll be studying Biomedicine at the UEA this September. I moved to Norwich last year but deferred my entry to 2015. It's a great city, and the UEA has so much character!

Sarah

Thats awesome! so u will know all of the best places to go!
r u staying in dorms? :smile:
Thats awesome! so u will know all of the best places to go!
r u staying in dorms? :smile:

Afraid not! I live in the city with my husband & 2 children :smile: . So nervous about starting! If you want anymore info on Norwich let me know :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending