The Student Room Group

What realistic chances do i have of getting into Oxford for PPE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suhofficial
He

Oxford, Cambridge and the Ivies are a long shot. You need very good grades to apply. Also, having looked at your website your English needs improving- especially if you want to take an essay based subject like PPE. All in all, it's probably too little to do in too short a space of time.

The only two routes I can see you getting to Oxbridge is if you:

1) Retake AS with suitable A-levels; Do a tonne of reading and essay writing to get the English language skills up to scratch; Come out with 4 AS-levels.

2) Go to some other university and get a first class after 3 years.

The Ivies (taken individually and not as a collective) are even more competitive than Oxbridge so you won't get into them with your grades, I'm sorry to say.

Most top units will probably look a bit askance on the subjects you are taking but if you are lucky you might get into one given your extra-curriculars. However, I would make sure you get someone very good at English to go over your personal statement with you.
Original post by suhofficial
Hello, I am currently studying my A levels and am in year 12, aged 17. Alongside my education, i set up and run my own organisation.

As well as my work through activism, i have terrible GCSE grades, i got 2A's and 5 C's, A's only in IT and urdu. At AS, i am studying IT, Urdu, Applied science and business studies. I think that i may get BBBC or ABBC a AS level. I have had a child long dream to get into Oxford university to study PPE as i have immense passion for that subject. Would Oxford take a look at my work and leadership away from my academics and consider me for PPE. What are my actual chances of getting into PPE at oxford? Would it be worth me applying to Oxford? What are the minimum grades that i must achieve at As level or A level to make sure that i get a firm offer from Oxford? Thank you.

No offence but considering you claim getting into oxford is your 'child long dream' I would have thought you would be more aware of what oxford looks for. They don't give a toss about EC's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending