The Student Room Group

Finding affordable degrees in Medicine

Hello all, yes, this is my first post. :smile:

I'm looking to apply for Medicine abroad (I'm a Physics grad from the UK). The big obstacle for me however is funding. I'm sure I can't be the only one! I know many EU universities have little or no tuition (Malta, Poland, Romania), but obviously we still have to eat!

I've worked for a couple of years and saved up a little, but certainly nothing like enough to live for several years. What are the cheapest places to study Medicine? Is anyone studying abroad funding themselves e.g. through part-time or holiday work? Did you save up beforehand? Did you find a loan? Is anyone else in the same boat looking for options?
Original post by cvzj57
Hello all, yes, this is my first post. :smile:

I'm looking to apply for Medicine abroad (I'm a Physics grad from the UK). The big obstacle for me however is funding. I'm sure I can't be the only one! I know many EU universities have little or no tuition (Malta, Poland, Romania), but obviously we still have to eat!

I've worked for a couple of years and saved up a little, but certainly nothing like enough to live for several years. What are the cheapest places to study Medicine? Is anyone studying abroad funding themselves e.g. through part-time or holiday work? Did you save up beforehand? Did you find a loan? Is anyone else in the same boat looking for options?

In terms of student finance I think the UK would be your best option, the trouble is getting into a British med school. :/ I think Poland have a funding scheme for UK applicants unlike Romania if that helps. Also I think Italian med school (in English) is quite cheap but there's no credit system I don't think.
Reply 2
if you study in Europe you don't really get time to work during the term so part time job is not an option.
Reply 3
The cheapest in Europe for Medicine is Romania I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending