The Student Room Group

How picky are you with clothes?

As the title says - personally I'll tend to buy clothes, wear them a few times and over that time favourites will tend to emerge and they'll be mostly what I wear until they wear out, I get bored or run out of clothes. Which I'm sure you'll agree isn't a very good way to buy clothes. It means I end up with a number of clothes I rarely wear and a select few I wear again and again in succession which makes for quite a limited and a little boring wardrobe.

Problem is I think what's on offer does make it quite difficult. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't touch in a million years and the stuff I might touch(like trousers) isn't the right cut, fit or whatever.
Reply 1
Original post by alexs2602
As the title says - personally I'll tend to buy clothes, wear them a few times and over that time favorites will tend to emerge and they'll be mostly what I wear until they wear out, I get bored or run out of clothes. Which I'm sure you'll agree isn't a very good way to buy clothes. It means I end up with a number of clothes I rarely wear and a select few I wear again and again in succession which makes for quite a limited and a little boring wardrobe.

Problem is I think what's on offer does make it quite difficult. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't touch in a million years and the stuff I might touch(like trousers) isn't the right cut, fit or whatever.

Hello,

I think you should go with custom tailoring, here you can get accurate and quality. Well I know one custom tailor who mastered in bespoke tailoring.
I wear everything I buy, otherwise there's no point of buying something that I won't wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PacifistxFuture
I wear everything I buy, otherwise there's no point of buying something that I won't wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, Captain Obvious. No ****. The point I was making is I buy clothes I think I like and then clear favourites seem to emerge and ones I don't like as much and I'll end up wearing the ones I don't like only every now and then. Not like I go out and intend to do it.
I only need three sets of clothing anyway
I think that happens to everyone. I own a lot of jeans and tees but there's this one combo I literally wear all the time and some tees I literally only wear if everything else is dirty even though I did like it when I brought it and now just kind of don't mind.
Original post by alexs2602
Thanks, Captain Obvious. No ****. The point I was making is I buy clothes I think I like and then clear favourites seem to emerge and ones I don't like as much and I'll end up wearing the ones I don't like only every now and then. Not like I go out and intend to do it.

"How picky Are you with clothes?"- was the question, there is no need to be rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should go with custom tailoring, here you can get accurate and quality. Well I know one custom tailor who mastered in bespoke tailoring.

I need to go with custom tailoring.......!!!!!
Reply 8
Started Uni in 2013 and built my whole wardrobe over the course of the next year and a half, because I was earning decent money and was developing an interest in creating a look.

Now, my wardrobe is pretty stacked but I earn next to nothing so I've had to make total use of it. Luckily my style is fairly versatile, so I rotate about 15 different knits/20 tees/10 oxfords onto four pairs of jeans/chinos. Would like some new shoes, because I've had to make serious use of black roshes recently with my boots starting to look faded - but it really could be worse.

The positive for me is that almost everything I own is something I like.
Probably 7/10 where 10 is ceaselessly picky. I hate buying clothes for that reason - I'm rarely content with them and it takes me ages to decide whether I want to buy something or not.
Reply 10
Very picky like to the point that my mum buys me nothing unless I see it and she'll always what'sapp me a picture before purchasing.
I buy anything I like and isn't too expensive. That said I just wear the same blue or black jeans and 3/4 hoodies all the time.
I can be quite picky, I really struggle to find clothes that I genuinely like and wear often. I just end up buying crap I never wear >.>
Reply 13
not picky at all. my fashion sense is horrible,
I'm so picky, I won't buy something unless I absolutely love it.

Quick Reply

Latest