The Student Room Group

Insomnia

I often find it hard to get sleep before midnight, no matter what time i turn the lights off.

I'm a healthy 18 year old, don't really eat sugary foods and take plenty of exercise.

I'd love some impartial advice, as every day through the week i find it harder and harder to get up at 7 for sixth form and even have to sit down in the shower in the mornings as i'm soo knackered. This has to stop.

I only survive by lying in to like 3pm on the weekends which i feel is such a waste of my life and i know my school work will suffer.

Any advice??
Reply 1
i think it's to do with the hormone that makes you feel tired being secreted later in the day when you're a teenager than when you're a child or an adult.
Cut down on caffeen.
Have a small snack before bed.
Do some light exercise.
Masterbate.
Reply 3
Are you stressed?
Reply 4
I used to suffer from insomnia earlier this year for around 3 months but luckily it wasn't serious :smile:
I went to my GP and they prescribed me certain things I think it depends on how bad it is :s:
What I did though was virtually catch up on sleep throughout weekend obviously I explained the situation to my parents, and a few nights a week I went to bed pretty early like 6:30 and it did work well:smile:
Yes masturbation will leave you feeling dozy and contented. It's a perfect natural sleep enduser.

Actually, in some african countries, parents masterbate their children to get them to sleep.

.... oh dear. What a grim thought that is >_<;
Anonymous
I often find it hard to get sleep before midnight, no matter what time i turn the lights off.

I'm a healthy 18 year old, don't really eat sugary foods and take plenty of exercise.

I'd love some impartial advice, as every day through the week i find it harder and harder to get up at 7 for sixth form and even have to sit down in the shower in the mornings as i'm soo knackered. This has to stop.

I only survive by lying in to like 3pm on the weekends which i feel is such a waste of my life and i know my school work will suffer.

Any advice??

The solution is to progressively start getting up earlier. If you set your alarm clock 30 mins earlier every day for a week, not only will you start getting up at a far better time, but you'll also be able to sleep at a normal time of night.

Latest

Trending

Trending