The Student Room Group

Exam prep and horrible physics teachers.

Okay, so, I'm doing physics, maths, chemistry and further maths (AS's). I'm willing to take physics to uni as this is what I want to do.

In my mocks, I've got high A's for all modules in each subject except for physics, which is my favourite. I got a high B for unit 1, and a high D for unit 2. I was absolutely gutted. My physics teacher sucks. He is not consistent in what he teaches at all. The whole lesson feels like throwing random stuff off of his head on the board. It's an utter waste of time. Problem is that he's the head of the sciences and maths department in my college. So he's the big head. I can't report him to someone higher.

I feel absolutely terrified that I won't get an A in the real test. It's terrifying. Physics is the most subject I put effort and time in, and it's the least I do well at. There're very few resources. AQA just has 8 past papers online. NOT enough for such a tough subject at all, of course. The book has many unnecessary things. And it feels like the topic is very easy, and the book just tries to make it look as convoluted and hard as it ever can.

Does anyone have the same problem? If so, share your thoughts or tips.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
There are some really good videos on YouTube that cover A-level physics material. Give them a try :smile:
Duplicated thread.
This one closed.

Latest