The Student Room Group

So what's up with some black women?

I'll be blunt. I'm a 21 year-old black man and who doesn't "act black" which is a thing in society as if there's a way black men should act is typically "gangsta", and having that attitude definitely is not me. Some people have said I don't "act black" and "act white" - both which are statements which makes me rolls my eyes.

Because I don't "act black" many black women whom I find attractive don't like me back since I don't have that gangsta attitude, I don't expose my bum, wear caps, designer trainers etc. So I guess I can just find women who aren't into this kind of black man. However, these women I find tend to mostly or only date white men which causes another problem since I "act white" but aren't white I strike out, again.

I find the whole picky attitude ridiculous but, people are entitled to like who they want. Still, I find it very frustrating.

Scroll to see replies

Not just a black girl thing, I know white/asian girls who prefer bad boy "gangsta" types too.

Also guys. I'm far from posh but a lot of guys think Im "prissy" for not swearing/binge drinking etc. so won't date me :lol:
Hmm. Well I stopped dating black men in 2013 for that "gangsta" attitude, and also was quite traumatised with the bad relationships I've had with a couple of black guys, so I haven't literally made it an oath not to date them... but black men with the :gangster: attitude are literally the only types of black dudes immediately around me. So...therefore...I don't date them. :smile: I'll give anything to personal attraction though, but currently, I want an East Asian or Irish. :h:
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be blunt. I'm a 21 year-old black man and who doesn't "act black" which is a thing in society as if there's a way black men should act is typically "gangsta", and having that attitude definitely is not me. Some people have said I don't "act black" and "act white" - both which are statements which makes me rolls my eyes.

Because I don't "act black" many black women whom I find attractive don't like me back since I don't have that gangsta attitude, I don't expose my bum, wear caps, designer trainers etc. So I guess I can just find women who aren't into this kind of black man. However, these women I find tend to mostly or only date white men which causes another problem since I "act white" but aren't white I strike out, again.

I find the whole picky attitude ridiculous but, people are entitled to like who they want. Still, I find it very frustrating.

I think most people go for people of their own class. So the black girls who like gangsta guys are mainly gangsta girls. I had one black friend at uni who was definitely not stereotypical at all, he was African (as in an immigrant, not ancestry), and I've found they aren't really into the street culture. He did very well with women. I do think being black in a highly white area gave him an advantage, but more importantly he was quite a confident, smart, decent looking guy.

I don't know you, but it does feel like you're blaming your problems on being black, are you sure you just aren't not that good with girls, and there are reasons beyond skin colour you aren't doing so well? Most poeple on here like to blame problems with girls on things that are either positive (eg being nice) or not in their control (eg being short). More important is being confident, funny, smart, well put together.
Well then maybe you should look for more classy black girls? Just a thought.
Reply 5
I don't think this is about race its about the type of girl you've been dealing with.
Reply 6
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Hmm. Well I stopped dating black men in 2013 for that "gangsta" attitude, and also was quite traumatised with the bad relationships I've had with a couple of black guys, so I haven't literally made it an oath not to date them... but black men with the :gangster: attitude are literally the only types of black dudes immediately around me. So...therefore...I don't date them. :smile: I'll give anything to personal attraction though, but currently, I want an East Asian or Irish. :h:

I bet you want one of these books also

Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
I think most people go for people of their own class. So the black girls who like gangsta guys are mainly gangsta girls. I had one black friend at uni who was definitely not stereotypical at all, he was African (as in an immigrant, not ancestry), and I've found they aren't really into the street culture. He did very well with women. I do think being black in a highly white area gave him an advantage, but more importantly he was quite a confident, smart, decent looking guy.

I don't know you, but it does feel like you're blaming your problems on being black, are you sure you just aren't not that good with girls, and there are reasons beyond skin colour you aren't doing so well? Most poeple on here like to blame problems with girls on things that are either positive (eg being nice) or not in their control (eg being short). More important is being confident, funny, smart, well put together.

Just because you knew one African who got lucky with women that doesn't mean I somehow lack confidence, aren't smart and am not "well put together". It's not impossible that the issue is with them and not myself.
Reply 8
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

You mean to tell me that you can tell what kind of men a woman is into at a glance 100% of the time? Who knew?
Original post by al_94
I bet you want one of these books also

In
valid.
Don't date black women then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
In
valid.

If you don't want to spend any money you can check out this for free
You mean to tell me that you can tell what kind of men a woman is into at a glance 100% of the time? Who knew?

Not 100% but a classy woman is pretty obviously different from the trashy ones you've been chasing.

Sounds about right.
Just because you knew one African who got lucky with women that doesn't mean I somehow lack confidence, aren't smart and am not "well put together". It's not impossible that the issue is with them and not myself.

But don't you think you're kind of choosing the easy option here? Rather than take any responsibility, just blame society. I honestly don't think our society is that racist. If you're a confident, attractive guy you'll do well, whatever race. I've seen plenty of black guys do well with white girls.

:congrats:
Original post by samba
haha, that doesn't even make sense!

Plus I'm a racist white power ukiper; I can't date black girls! Especially ones that aren't cogent :teehee:

I date people of all colours who aren't immigrants coming here to kidnap children to turn into drugs trafficking and sponge off our benefits system.
Original post by samba
You should pm eva :smile:

I'm from the right of our party; you're obviously on the extreme left!

I've turned down all the women till the election's over. Busy campaigning
Original post by al_94
If you don't want to spend any money you can check out this for free

Can you stop sending me links of random black people and the **** they have to say? :colonhash: Thanks. :h:
Original post by samba
Fair enough. Do you have the women campaigning in your local office, or safely out of sight doing support and domestic work?

Even left-wing women have asked me out repeatedly.

Latest

Trending

Trending