The Student Room Group

Are these sensible A-level choices?

I'm picking my A-levels right now, and I have considered pretty much every subject over the past few months. At the minute, I think I'm going to take Politics, English Literature, Maths and Biology. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life yet, but I'm quite interested in pursuing a Law degree to become a barrister. My second career option is to become a nurse. I was just wondering if these are sensible A-level choices or not? I'm aware that History is a favourable subject for Law applicants, but I genuinely hate history with a passion, I do it at gcse and I just hate it- it's not the content I hate, it's just the way the coursework/exams are marked.
Original post by Emilia28
I'm picking my A-levels right now, and I have considered pretty much every subject over the past few months. At the minute, I think I'm going to take Politics, English Literature, Maths and Biology. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life yet, but I'm quite interested in pursuing a Law degree to become a barrister. My second career option is to become a nurse. I was just wondering if these are sensible A-level choices or not? I'm aware that History is a favourable subject for Law applicants, but I genuinely hate history with a passion, I do it at gcse and I just hate it- it's not the content I hate, it's just the way the coursework/exams are marked.

Those seem like good A-levels. They're suitable for a law degree and nursing. However, double check that the nursing courses you're interested in require only one science A-level.

All in all, they seem like a good bunch. :yep:

Good luck with your GCSE exams.

Quick Reply

Latest