The Student Room Group

Law student at Liverpool University - ASK ME ANYTHING!

Fire away!

- First year
- Straight law (LLB)
- I live in halls, but i'm local to Liverpool
- I did A Level law.

Don't hesitate to ask, i'll reply when i can!
Reply 1
hi there, hope you don't find me annoying, I'm not local but international student, coming over this sept...any culture that i need to follow over there....i hope not to experience any culture shock..thanks mate
I have foreign friends at Liverpool. Their main culture shock has been the drinking. We students are big drinkers in England, and we party A LOT (especially in Liverpool). If that's not your scene, there's plenty of people who don't want to go out. You'll find the right group of friends for you!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
thanks for the reply, but i guess the chances of meeting someone who don't go out (most probably a nerd) is not that high? cheers =)
Hello, could you tell me more about the nightlife in Liverpool? :smile:
Original post by nivota
thanks for the reply, but i guess the chances of meeting someone who don't go out (most probably a nerd) is not that high? cheers =)

There are tonnes of societies for foreign students (eg. Singapore society), and so you might find one that suits you. Even so, none of my foreign friends are 'nerds' or unsociable! There's tonnes to do in Liverpool without going out to clubs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brittaniwaylett
Hello, could you tell me more about the nightlife in Liverpool? :smile:

It's been voted one of the best nights out in the UK (alongside Leeds/Newcastle).

There are multiple destinations around the city with tonnes of clubs. The clubs themselves are diverse and play any type of music you can imagine!

In freshers week, make sure you get a taster for all of them! I personally enjoy Cava/levels/Krazyhouse/The Raz. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by AMT6
It's been voted one of the best nights out in the UK (alongside Leeds/Newcastle).

There are multiple destinations around the city with tonnes of clubs. The clubs themselves are diverse and play any type of music you can imagine!

In freshers week, make sure you get a taster for all of them! I personally enjoy Cava/levels/Krazyhouse/The Raz. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any type of music - include bar with jazz? =D

thanks for that mate, looking forward to see you there
Original post by nivota
any type of music - include bar with jazz? =D

thanks for that mate, looking forward to see you there

Once again, tonnes!

The best place i've heard of is 'The Berry and Rye' - it's like an undercover jazz lounge!

:smile:

Hi, I am a third year law student in a conundrum.

I have this aim to achieve a high 2:1 but due to personal circumstances I did not outperform myself in my second year. As a consequence, my results are not commendable or inspiring. Therefore, I have chosen mainly essay modules for this year considering those are the types of examinations I tend to excel in The modules I have chosen are as follows:
Law and Literature, Law and History, Law, Gender and Sexuality and Human Rights. To get to the point of the thread- I want a 2:1 or higher. So, to help me achieve this I am looking for someone who has recently graduated from law school with high 2:1s or a first to help me with my essays. I must specify that this is NOT a post asking for someone to write the essays for me- that would belittle the whole point of my aiming for a high 2:1. No, what I need (quite urgently) is someone who is willing to read over my essays and make sure that they are:

1) succinct
2) follows a clear line of argument, reflecting viewpoints from different authors and case law, etc.
3) ensures I am arguing both sides of the coin, since that is something that I lacked in my last assignment,
4) In essence - conforms to the 'Assessment Objectives for a high 2:1/first.

I would appreciate if anyone who is interested, to message me ASAP . Needless to say there will be financial benefits for those who successfully apply.

Many thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Do you think I'll get into Uni of Liv with these:

GCSEs:
Maths - C
English Lang - B
English Lit - B (getting a remark so hopefully will go up to an A)
Science - B
Religion - C
ICT - A
Business - C
- Failed History and Psychology.

The A Level I am doing are:
English Literature
Philosophy and Ethics
ICT

I am hoping to do a lot of volunteering, extra-curricular, enrichments, etc.
:smile: Thanks!x
Reply 11
How would you rate the quality of the course? Do the professors make the work interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending