The Student Room Group

Phoned in sick to work and manager was unapologetic 'now feel worse' :(

I am suffering with vertigo, dizziness and nausea and have been since Wednesday this week. I have phoned in each day to tell my manager about my situation, been to the doctors yesterday and taken the new medication which has so far only spaced me out.

I hate phoning in sick, and in all honesty I would rather be in work ill than be at home ill, but I know if I went in I would regret it.

I have had previous episodes of the same illness but not frequently and always do my best to return to work asap, and I there have been many times when I've forced myself to go in despite being unwell.

When I phoned my manager today as soon as I said Hi it's 'Me', he said 'Oh no' as if to say not him phoning in sick again, I then explained how I was feeling and he said ok, thanks for phoning in a really p'ssed of voice, and then bye. I am now worrying in addition to feeling ill, it's bank holiday weekend and should I feel better by Tuesday I'll have to return to work for an interview with my manager and I already suffer with anxiety.

I don't know what to do please help
Reply 1
Do you have a medical certificate? Show it to the manager and you'll have a good leg to stand on.
Ask you doctor for a letter detailing your situation, that's what I would do
Original post by Anonymous
I am suffering with vertigo, dizziness and nausea and have been since Wednesday this week. I have phoned in each day to tell my manager about my situation, been to the doctors yesterday and taken the new medication which has so far only spaced me out.

I hate phoning in sick, and in all honesty I would rather be in work ill than be at home ill, but I know if I went in I would regret it.

I have had previous episodes of the same illness but not frequently and always do my best to return to work asap, and I there have been many times when I've forced myself to go in despite being unwell.

When I phoned my manager today as soon as I said Hi it's 'Me', he said 'Oh no' as if to say not him phoning in sick again, I then explained how I was feeling and he said ok, thanks for phoning in a really p'ssed of voice, and then bye. I am now worrying in addition to feeling ill, it's bank holiday weekend and should I feel better by Tuesday I'll have to return to work for an interview with my manager and I already suffer with anxiety.

I don't know what to do please help

Don't feel bad!!!! You're ill and it can't be helped. I would get your Dr to write a sick note for you and send it in to your employer for extra assurance or keep it and show it to your employer when they ask for it.

Don't worry and get well soon!!!
Reply 4
Why are you phoning each day? Is there a sickness policy? The policy at my slave camp says phone in earliest am on the first day of sickness. Follow up with estimated length of sickness then follow up with doctors cert as required..

Quick Reply

Latest