The Student Room Group

Why are Arsenal fans so bitter of Chelsea's success?

It's something that I've never seen paralleled before, not even by Liverpool fans to United (who'll accept that we've been the better side in recent history) or United to City fans etc. Anyway why is this? Can't they accept Chelsea are deserving rather than the "cheat players, bus park, boring boring Chelsea, no history" stuff we hear?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A lot of Arsenal fans are delusional. I don't why, must be some kind of culture thing.

Although Chelsea do park the bus and they are fairly boring, from an unbiased view point.
Reply 2
Original post by IceyFish
It's something that I've never seen paralleled before, not even by Liverpool fans to United (who'll accept that we've been the better side in recent history) or United to City fans etc. Anyway why is this? Can't they accept Chelsea are deserving rather than the "cheat players, bus park, boring boring Chelsea" stuff we hear?

I think its the other way round tbh,your history started in 2003.
Reply 3
Original post by ibbyn

I'm not a Chelsea fan, so I am clearly unbiased in this debate.
Arrogant manager, arrogant fans. That's all
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Arrogant manager, arrogant fans. That's all

I could accept that but I hear their style of play/individual players criticised a lot, and then you get the "hurr durr Chelsea are rentboy" fans who have no idea what that even means.
Reply 6
I'm not a Chelsea fan, so I am clearly unbiased in this debate.

Original post by ibbyn

Reply 7
Original post by AR_95

1. Purchase Oxford Dictionary
2. Look up Sarcasm
3. ????
Reply 8
1. Purchase Oxford Dictionary
2. Look up Sarcasm
3. ????

Why bitter my friend
Reply 9
Original post by AR_95

LOL,this in a nutshell is a chelsea fan,Plastic plastic plastic.
Reply 10
Because they would be nowhere if it wasn't for some russian crook injecting billions into the club as a hobby
Reply 11
Original post by tomov
Because they would be nowhere if it wasn't for some russian crook injecting billions into the club as a hobby

That's in relation to basically everything in life though? Whilst everyone would prefer things to be produced self sufficiently, it's a sad reality that financial muscle is pivotal in the running of the world.
Reply 12
That's in relation to basically everything in life though? Whilst everyone would prefer things to be produced self sufficiently, it's a sad reality that financial muscle is pivotal in the running of the world.

Its not hard to win titles and leagues when you buy every player on the market as well as buying other players simply so the rivals dont get them then loaning them out,classless,no soul,its working,but only with chelsea fans being the admirers.
Reply 13
Original post by ibbyn
Its not hard to win titles and leagues when you buy every player on the market as well as buying other players simply so the rivals dont get them then loaning them out,classless,no soul,its working,but only with chelsea fans being the admirers.

City have tried that and it doesn't work, United have tried it and it doesn't work. It's not as simple as spending money like that.
Reply 14
I am not bitter of Chelsea I would like to congratulate them on winning the Premier League and Capital One Cup
Reply 15
Original post by al_94
I am not bitter of Chelsea I would like to congratulate them on winning the Premier League and Capital One Cup

You are an anomaly of a good Arsenal fan and Pakistani so I'm not surprised
Reply 16
You are an anomaly of a good Arsenal fan and Pakistani so I'm not surprised

Who is Pakistani? :confused:
Original post by tomov

Because over the course of Arsenal's history rich men never came along to invest in the club? What a joke.
Because they are jealous of Chelsea's success. Chelsea have won every single title in the last 10 years whereas Arsenal have won just one FA Cup and that's it. For a so called big club that's pathetic and their fans who are delusional and bitter can't deal with that. Arsenal fans like to brag about how they always qualify for Champions League but they have never won it. Even teams like Aston Villa & Celtic have won it but Arsenal have just one final appearance in the competition which they lost. :toofunny: So it's understandable that they are bitter about Chelsea's success.
Tbf I still hated Chelsea before Abramovich. Always been a bunch of ******s with awful fans.

Latest