The Student Room Group

More false accusations... when will this madness stop ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the bear
Maybe they don't

Maybe, you seem to have made your mind up though.
you need to insert several allegeds into the above.

Time will tell.
Interesting piece.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/enoch-powell-child-sex-abuse-allegations-the-far-right-833

The blogger compares the vilification heaped on alleged paedophiles but not yet convicted by the Far Right with their reaction to the Powell story.

Apparently (as we are seeing in this thread) any allegation of paedophilia against a non-right wing politician must be true, but when it's a hero of the racist right, ah well, that's a different matter.
Reply 23
Original post by n00
Maybe, you seem to have made your mind up though.

It is so easy for moronic people to say "no smoke without fire"... look at that Mr Heath, he was not married and liked to take children sailing... he must have been an abuser. look at Lewis Carroll, he liked to write stories for children.... he must have been an abuser.
one thing i do not understand is why John Peel is still revered as some kind of saint in the pop industry when he admitted having pedophile sex in America...

a mad world my masters
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It seems certain that there have been paedophiles in all of the main parties. Not sure what the statistics are so far, but it seems that they all have suspects.

I completely agree that that is likely.
Reply 25
It is so easy for moronic people to say "no smoke without fire"... look at that Mr Heath, he was not married and liked to take children sailing... he must have been an abuser. look at Lewis Carroll, he liked to write stories for children.... he must have been an abuser.

And it's very easy to ignore victims of child abuse and brush them off as a certain class of person.
Reply 26
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Interesting piece.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/enoch-powell-child-sex-abuse-allegations-the-far-right-833

The blogger compares the vilification heaped on alleged paedophiles but not yet convicted by the Far Right with their reaction to the Powell story.

Apparently (as we are seeing in this thread) any allegation of paedophilia against a non-right wing politician must be true, but when it's a hero of the racist right, ah well, that's a different matter.

The thing that we are all forgetting is that these are simply allegations and in the west we use "innocent until proven guilty" no matter the persons political beliefs. Also Vice is by far the worst form of journalism I've ever come across, they have an inability to report facts without twisting them to support their agenda.
the type of person who, prevented by their limited abilities from achieving anything useful in life, turns their bitterness against those who gladly work for the common good.

This is really not making you look good...
Original post by EggMayo
The thing that we are all forgetting is that these are simply allegations and in the west we use "innocent until proven guilty" no matter the persons political beliefs. Also Vice is by far the worst form of journalism I've ever come across, they have an inability to report facts without twisting them to support their agenda.

Certainly which is why we have libel laws, but we have agreed that there is nothing wrong with reporting a named allegation that someone has committed child abuse. Even if they're rich, powerful and right-wing; they're not gods you know. There is certainly a robust case to be made for anonymity, but if there's no anonymity for Joe Paedo down the road then there's no anonymity for Powell either.

Though the process will be hindered at every turn, eventually the truth will out and we will know, but there certainly is no smoke without fire when so many accusations have been made about so many different people: I think everyone accepts by now that there was some kind of paedophile ring active in Westminster, whoever was involved. The barrier to accusation is far worse than with Savile, who at best held power at one remove from the government of the day.

Vice is owned by Rupert Murdoch, by the way: the famed communist, social reformer and crusader for the rights of minority groups.
Reply 29
Original post by scrotgrot

It's horrifying that he's eligible for jury duty.
Reply 30

i am not really bothered about looking good.
Reply 31
Certainly which is why we have libel laws, but we have agreed that there is nothing wrong with reporting a named allegation that someone has committed child abuse. Even if they're rich, powerful and right-wing; they're not gods you know. There is certainly a robust case to be made for anonymity, but if there's no anonymity for Joe Paedo down the road then there's no anonymity for Powell either.

Though the process will be hindered at every turn, eventually the truth will out and we will know, but there certainly is no smoke without fire when so many accusations have been made about so many different people: I think everyone accepts by now that there was some kind of paedophile ring active in Westminster, whoever was involved. The barrier to accusation is far worse than with Savile, who at best held power at one remove from the government of the day.

Vice is owned by Rupert Murdoch, by the way: the famed communist, social reformer and crusader for the rights of minority groups.

excuse me who is this "we" who seems to be playing fast and loose with the libel laws ? it is certainly not me.
excuse me who is this "we" who seems to be playing fast and loose with the libel laws ? it is certainly not me.

Society says you can out an accused rapist or paedo in the papers. I don't think it's right either but my point is if your average person accused of being a paedo has to go through it then so too should Enoch Powell or Father Christmas or anyone else
Reply 33
Society says you can out an accused rapist or paedo in the papers. I don't think it's right either but my point is if your average person accused of being a paedo has to go through it then so too should Enoch Powell or Father Christmas or anyone else

"where there's smoke there's fire" eh ?
(edited 8 years ago)
"where there's smoke there's fire" eh ?

Sure, but as I say I don’t see you kicking up a fuss when as I say Joe Paedo from down the road is on the front page of the Echo
I think there are very large numbers of morons on the web.

Also, he sings "Illumi-Nazi", not "Illuminati". :colone:
I didn't know the bear defended pedophiles and devil worshipers... :eek:
Reply 37
Sure, but as I say I don’t see you kicking up a fuss when as I say Joe Paedo from down the road is on the front page of the Echo

surely that chap's name is a giveaway ? :holmes:
Reply 38
Original post by Daenerys...
I didn't know the bear defended pedophiles and devil worshipers... :eek:

which are you dear ?
which are you dear ?

I think you're confused we are talking about you supporting pedophiles and satanists. Imagine your neice/nephew/daughter/son read this? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending