The Student Room Group

tall girl problems

I'm a girl who's 5'8 and I feel like a giant! I feel like all of the other girls are shorter and I'm always the tall one. Guys also seem to be around my height. Do you think I'm too talk? if you're a guy what are your preference when it comes to height? I feel so bloody awkward because of how tall I am and always stand out :s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm 6'1 so 5'8 isnt tall to me at all, if anything it would be the preferred height for me, I think short girls are cute but I prefer a bit of statuesque height. If you werent Anon I'd totally PM you :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'm 5'8 too :frown: feel like that all the time as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
5'7 and feel so little in a crowd :blushing:
Im 6'3 so 5'8 is more than fine, I certainly wouldn't worry about it :smile:
5'8 isn't that tall at all.

I think there are worse problems with being short! You can't reach anything, everyone thinks you're younger than you are, clothes always need to be hemmed, you have to take twice the number of steps as everyone else to keep up because they've got longer legs! :grumble: Etc :tongue:
You should be proud about being tall. I bet you have a killer pair of legs on you! I would love to be 5ft 8 :frown:
Reply 7
5'8 is really not too tall by any means!
I'm a girl and 6'1 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl who's 5'8 and I feel like a giant! I feel like all of the other girls are shorter and I'm always the tall one. Guys also seem to be around my height. Do you think I'm too talk? if you're a guy what are your preference when it comes to height? I feel so bloody awkward because of how tall I am and always stand out :s

I thought girls only dated guys 5'11 or higher?
Damn, I'm super jealous. I've always wanted to be tall.

FWIW, I know quite a few guys who like tall girls. 5'8" isn't exactly abnormally tall anyway.
Reply 10
I'm 5'9 and have the same issues, the only thing I hate is not being able to wear a nice pair of heels without someone commenting about my height every two minutes other than that I don't mind being tall🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can relate :frown: As soon as you put on a pair of heels, you shoot through the roof! And as for the assumption that you must have long, gorgeous legs...Pfft! Tall? Yes. Built like a Victoria Secret model? Nooooo...:tongue: xx
Reply 12
To be honest (guy speaking) we do like girls that are small (like 5ft) since guys are usually tall so we like a girl thats smaller so we can protect them (my feeling anyway) but your saying that your 5ft8 which isn't really that tall. I'm a 6ft guy and I did actually date a girl your height and I didn't mind it at all even though small girls are my preference. Hope I helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hun, if any guy rejects you for not being the right height, he ain't worth the time of day.

I'm 6ft, for reference
Really? I find that guys nowadays are really tall. Like I'm 5'9 but I rarely see a guy that's shorter than me the average man height is 6'1 -6'3 but that may be just the guys that I know. Older men are smaller but I think our generation is just freakishly tall for some reason :tongue:
But being tall is an asset! We have really long legs! Lets own it!
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous

Op are you an idiot? 5ft 8 isn't tall, unless you're asian.
Reply 16
I'm 20 yo and 5'10 (female) and I say own it!

I get really jelly when another girl is taller than me, I love being the tallest. You stand out from all the short minions! Usually I wear booties with a wee heel to boost my height even more.

My boyfriend is 5'12 so we are usually the same height or I'm taller on a night out when in heels but it doesn't bother him, he finds it kind hot.

I used to model though so when your in that industry you meet a lot of hella tall girls so you stop caring.

So yeah. Own it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Whoops 🙈
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Witcher
I'm 20 yo and 5'10 (female) and I say own it!

I get really jelly when another girl is taller than me, I love being the tallest. You stand out from all the short minions! Usually I wear booties with a wee heel to boost my height even more.

My boyfriend is 5'12 so we are usually the same height or I'm taller on a night out when in heels but it doesn't bother him, he finds it kind hot.

I used to model though so when your in that industry you meet a lot of hella tall girls so you stop caring.

So yeah. Own it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I often find that many models are narrow and shallow minded bitches and bimbos who get most attention from people just because they look pretty, did you also encounter this and what assuming you did, did you do to get around this big headedness?
Reply 19
I don't think 5'8 on a woman can be classed as tall, sure you are taller then the people in your social circle but if you are not touching 6ft you are not really tall. I don't mind tall women being tall myself it's more your personality I would look at, a tall girl can still be cute and beautiful. I think you are just dealing with your insecurities, be happy with who you are and others will be attracted to you more because of your positive energy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending