The Student Room Group

media studies ocr a level

im just wondering about how may marks i need to get for an A overall. at AS, i got a B. all together i got 157 marks. my teacher just told me my a2 coursework grade and i got 80, so i asked him how many marks i need to get for an A overall including my a2 exams which i will do in june. he said 83 but 43 for a B..but he was unsure because of the gap and said hes going to double check because i might need to get 63 marks in the exam instead of 83..does anyone know? (sorry if this was so confusing)
You need 320/400 UMS overall to get an A (80% of 400). You have 237 UMS so far, which means you need 83 for an A.

You need 280/400 UMS for a B (70% of 400). As you have 237 UMS so far, you do indeed only need 43 UMS in the exam for a B.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
You need 320/400 UMS overall to get an A (80% of 400). You have 237 UMS so far, which means you need 83 for an A.

You need 280/400 UMS for a B (70% of 400). As you have 237 UMS so far, you do indeed only need 43 UMS in the exam for a B.

oh okay thanks! don't understand why the gap is so huge...oh well :/
Original post by atxya
oh okay thanks! don't understand why the gap is so huge...oh well :/

It's because you're so close to an A, and there's 40 UMS between each grade boundary.
A similar thing has happened with my media exam. I need 76 for an A, but only 36 for a B. I don't even need to turn up to the exam for a C.
Reply 4
Original post by loperdoper
It's because you're so close to an A, and there's 40 UMS between each grade boundary.
A similar thing has happened with my media exam. I need 76 for an A, but only 36 for a B. I don't even need to turn up to the exam for a C.

its just so impossible, thats my A gone out the window and dream of going uni crushed ):
Original post by atxya
its just so impossible, thats my A gone out the window and dream of going uni crushed ):

Don't give up hope, you can still do it! Try to do some practise essays, and read through some examiner's reports to improve.

Quick Reply

Latest