The Student Room Group

Article: Brain food: 9 simple snacks to fuel amazing exam grades

Scroll to see replies

lol @ ppl actually thinking it'll make a difference.

stop being lazy and do your revision. eating a banana or a flapjack isn't going to do **** for you i guarantee it
Original post by AlesanaWill

More than anything, I try to make sure I eat decent dinners when I'm revising. It's tempting to microwave something up quickly, but I think taking the time to cook a proper meal with vegetables gives more benefits than an extra half hour revising.

I don't have any sources but there have been plenty of studies to say that one of the best things you can do when trying to remember information is to eat large healthy proper cooked meals. It also just makes you feel better and that's just nice.
Eating fish helps because it is great brain food (boosts and creates brain cells) and is also a healthy source of protein!
Trust me guys, |I eat ALOT while revising. More than yo might expect, only of the food was in sight.

*Opens a bag of crisps and eats a handful
Reply 24
lots of water
Original post by Keano92
Crispy m&m's, can't beat them!

Skittles - just did :biggrin:
I concentrate better after a steak,with cracked black pepper and sea salt, slow-cooked in pineapple juice and soy sauce.
Slow cookers are perfect.
Original post by Raiden10
Ginkgo Biloba!!

yeah, i take this too, always energises me before exams - doesn't matter whether it's a placebo or not, my family and i still enjoy the energy :3 alongside ginseng
Reply 28
Original post by Dinaa
Dates with Milk is love :love:

I have that as well.Cold milk and dates. This is so surprising!!
great choice of advice
thankx ppl
Banana b4 exam and water during exam.
During revision all I eat is chocolate digestives loads and loads.

Spoiler

Reply 31
I have a question. When eating these types of food, how long does it take until the effect takes place? I don't want it to be like some placebo
Personally I would recommend GFUEL for anyone seeking energy that isn't extremely unhealthy, it basically gives you the energy of Red Bull without the crash for about 5 hours and is packed full of vitamins whilst being about 75p per 450ml drink.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending