The Student Room Group

Uni tranfer question

I'm currently at one Uni (UNI A) and have been offered a unconditional from (UNI B).

Uni A have set me a lot of work to do in the next month or so (7 assignments) but I feel my time would be spent better learning new things in preparation for the new uni (UNI B) Would it be wrong of me to drop everything from UNI A and not hand anything in? I'd still go to the lectures to learn but wouldn't hand anything in...
Original post by jnattrass
I'm currently at one Uni (UNI A) and have been offered a unconditional from (UNI B).

Uni A have set me a lot of work to do in the next month or so (7 assignments) but I feel my time would be spent better learning new things in preparation for the new uni (UNI B) Would it be wrong of me to drop everything from UNI A and not hand anything in? I'd still go to the lectures to learn but wouldn't hand anything in...

I was in this exact situation earlier on this academic year. I ended up having to drop out because by the time it got around to exams I knew I would fail them because I disliked the course and was behind from the start and the lecturers wouldn't just let me not hand in anything. So I stopped turning up to lectures & seminars trying to avoid them. I decided to drop out rather than try to catch up because I wanted to change courses and uni. I also thought having a gap year where I could get a job and prepare for my uni courses and try to get ahead would be more beneficial to me.

Tbh, if you discuss this with your parents & personal tutor, work out the pros and cons of whatever options you have, e.g. staying there and doing all the work, staying and not doing work (if you can) or leaving. Go for which you think would benefit you most.

Are you going into Year 2 or starting again?
Reply 3
I'm starting year 1 completely again,
I'm starting year 1 completely again,

I'd do enough to pass Year 1 as you will get some credit for that. It would look better on your CV to succesfully complete the year.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
I'd do enough to pass Year 1 as you will get some credit for that. It would look better on your CV to succesfully complete the year.

Would it really be worth it when I would be able to learn key skills for the future course? the question I'm trying to get to would be... Would it be wrong to just stop doing the assignments?
Would it really be worth it when I would be able to learn key skills for the future course? the question I'm trying to get to would be... Would it be wrong to just stop doing the assignments?

There will be time during the summer to prepare. I'm just thinking about your CV in future - all you need is to pass the year. Do you have a tutor you could talk to about it?
Reply 7
I do have a tutor but I feel I won't be able to get my point across without offending him, I won't include that I went to this uni on my CV as it'll look like I made a mistake..
Am I right in thinking a pass at year one is a diploma? If so, I think it's worth completing the work as at least you'll get some credit for the work with another qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
Am I right in thinking a pass at year one is a diploma? If so, I think it's worth completing the work as at least you'll get some credit for the work with another qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be a Certificate of HE for passing the first year.
(edited 8 years ago)
I do have a tutor but I feel I won't be able to get my point across without offending him, I won't include that I went to this uni on my CV as it'll look like I made a mistake..

Include it. Otherwise people will wonder what you did with the year - and telling them the truth looks a lot better than 'I spent the year bumming around'. Especially if you prove you completed the year with a Cert of HE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest