The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Civil Rights in America 1865-1992

Does anyone have any A or A* grade essay answers which they can send me? I'm really struggling with the structure and I don't know the difference between a A grade answer to a C grade answer so I could really do with some help!

bump
Reply 2
Original post by Greywind
Does anyone have any A or A* grade essay answers which they can send me? I'm really struggling with the structure and I don't know the difference between a A grade answer to a C grade answer so I could really do with some help!

I don't have any essays I could give you that are A* but I've been getting A's and been told the most important difference between low grades and high grades is the emphasis on continuity and change throughout the period and the use of evidence to back up your points.

So for instance, in a recent essay about NA turning points I wrote that 1978 Religious Freedom Act was a significant change because it was a change in fed gov attitude from 1890 massacre at wounded knee where the sioux and cheyenne tribes were attacked for practising a religious dance, and the 1923-26 leavitt dance bill which sought to ban a tribal dance. This was continued to 1990 with the graves protection act which meant that grave goods in Louisiana had to be returned to the NA community.

I structure my essays always by social economic and political, but I'm not answering trade union questions as they are structured differently. Hope this has been helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending