The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

not getting predicted grades.

I've had a conditional offer from Bournemouth Uni for he animation arts course. I need a DDD but it's probably more likely I'll get DDM. Anyone know how lenient they are on the conditions?
Hi there, I also have a conditional offer from BU and I believe I will get slightly under the required grades also. I emailed the head of the department of which I have applied and have been told that it depends how far off you are. For example I am looking at getting CCC at A Level when I have been asked for BCC, however with only getting CCC there is a chance that I will be accepted as it is only just under the required grades.

It can also depend on your personal statement, for example if you have a lot of experience in animation arts or something along those lines, they are more likely to offer you a place if you are slightly under but have experience in the subject (work experience etc..)

Bare in mind that the university will also take into account the amount of available space on the course. E.g. If Animation Arts has 200 spaces and only 150 people have applied/got the grade requirements, it is likely that others with slightly lower grades will be accepted as they will need to fill the course!

It may be wise emailing the head of the department for the course, as they may tell you to call them up on results day if you are just under, in which they can personally decide to let you in if needs be!

You can call BU to find out the course leaders email here - 01202 961916

Hope this has helped

Regards,
Matt
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by MatthewPaulW

Thank you :smile: I was working out my predicted grades and I think I will just get under DDD by a few points which is annoying. They went into clearing last year so I have a feeling I'll be okay but obviously I still want to work hard to get in.
Good luck getting your grades (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending