The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from my Igcses?

So my mock grades were decent enough apart from Chemistry.In my school we start Igs from the 9th grade and honestly I never genuinely studied before.I'm in year 11 now and honestly its been a rough year.I know that's not an excuse but I legit feel like I'm gonna flunk my Igcse exams which start next week.I'm going to my exam officer tomorrow and see if I could withdraw and do it at the next session.Has anyone her ever withdrew any of their exams?
Thanks!!
Someone please answer?
Original post by WorkForYourDream
Someone please answer?

I wanted to withdraw from Gcse history but decided to give it a shot.
Someone please answer?

If you truly feel like you will fail EV thing then I would withdraw myself if it is nottoo late. If not then I would give it a shot as you only need 5 decent grades to progress into A level.

I know some people who have failed their maths GCSE and are redoing it.

Exam results are not the end of the world, look at Alan sugar, he left his school with one Gcse grade and I bet that grade was neither in maths or English.

You should speak with your parents and carers advisor.

I hope things work out.
Original post by German123
If you truly feel like you will fail EV thing then I would withdraw myself if it is nottoo late. If not then I would give it a shot as you only need 5 decent grades to progress into A level.

I know some people who have failed their maths GCSE and are redoing it.

Exam results are not the end of the world, look at Alan sugar, he left his school with one Gcse grade and I bet that grade was neither in maths or English.

You should speak with your parents and carers advisor.

I hope things work out.

My exam officer said that I can withdraw but she explained that it would be harder for me to enter into As level as a private candidate if I decide to do it in Oct/Nov.However,my family's like I'll do this and if my grades are bad I could repeat 11th again.I'm literally in a numb state of mind right now and I told myself whatever happens,happens.How'd the History exam go?
My exam officer said that I can withdraw but she explained that it would be harder for me to enter into As level as a private candidate if I decide to do it in Oct/Nov.However,my family's like I'll do this and if my grades are bad I could repeat 11th again.I'm literally in a numb state of mind right now and I told myself whatever happens,happens.How'd the History exam go?

If you feel like withdrawing then you should or alternatively you could sit the exams you are comfortable with and sit the ones you are uncomfortable with next year.

My first history GCSE paper(cold war paper) was terrible but the Germany paper was smooth and I liked the sixteenth marker because it was based
On what i have rrevised the day before.
My last paper(civil rights) was also terrible because my class did not spend enough time on that topic.

Overall though I thought I was going to do worse than I actually did.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by German123
If you feel like withdrawing then you should or alternatively you could sit the exams you are comfortable with and sit the ones you are uncomfortable with next year.

My first history GCSE paper(cold war paper) was terrible but the Germany paper was smooth and I liked the sixteenth marker because it was based
On what i have rrevised the day before.
My last paper(civil rights) was also terrible because my class did not spend enough time on that topic.

Overall though I thought I was going to do worse than I actually did.

My school does not allow that.I've decided to sit them and just see what I get.If I'm really displeased with my grades,I'll just repeat 11th in another school.I'm anyways a year earlier for my age.The one thing that just kills me is that I know I have the potential to score 7A*s but over the past 2.5 years I've suffered with OCD,which is now thanks to God a million times better than what is used to be.Literally the beginning of 11th grade it consumed all my time and left me drained out of energy.Anyhow,everything happens for a reason :smile:
Thanks for you reply!
All the best
My school does not allow that.I've decided to sit them and just see what I get.If I'm really displeased with my grades,I'll just repeat 11th in another school.I'm anyways a year earlier for my age.The one thing that just kills me is that I know I have the potential to score 7A*s but over the past 2.5 years I've suffered with OCD,which is now thanks to God a million times better than what is used to be.Literally the beginning of 11th grade it consumed all my time and left me drained out of energy.Anyhow,everything happens for a reason :smile:
Thanks for you reply!
All the best

Yes, you could do year 11 in another school.

Hope things work out.:smile:
UPDATE:I have sat my Igcses and have recieved my grades!!
Happy to say that I got good grade 3A's 3B's and 1C
Now I'm applying to different sixth forms!
Really thought I was going to do horrible because I had quite of the portion left uncovered.Thank God I did not withdraw myself or I would be in a really ugly position right now!

Quick Reply

Latest