The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Catering at Lady Spencer Churchill Hall

Hi everyone!

I would like to know how the catering at Lady Spencer works, because I will have all my classes at Wheatley and I am still deciding on which accommodation I should pick.
What meals exactly are already included in the rent and what needs to be paid additionally? Also, I saw pictures of "The Hub", is this the place to get all the meals from at Wheatley?

Hi there,

That's a good question. Lady Spencer Halls at our Wheatley campus are our only catered hall so if that is important to you then you should definitely add it as one of your choices. Your meals will be covered during semester times and would include the following:

Weekdays - Breakfast and Dinner
Saturdays - Breakfast
Sunday's - Breakfast and Lunch

In terms of getting your meals on the campus 'The Hub' is indeed where you get your meals. There is also a shared room on each floor of the halls available to you to make snacks.

The good news is that Oxford has loads of shops and public transport if you do want to get your own food as well including a large Asda supermarket just 5 minutes away from the Wheatley campus. Our great Brookes Bus service can get you from to town to campus without any heavy lifting.

For more information on the catering available at Brookes there is lots of information on our website

If you have any more questions feel free to contact us on [email protected] or 01865 484848.

Good luck with choosing your halls

Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by annaelentari
Hi everyone!

I would like to know how the catering at Lady Spencer works, because I will have all my classes at Wheatley and I am still deciding on which accommodation I should pick.
What meals exactly are already included in the rent and what needs to be paid additionally? Also, I saw pictures of "The Hub", is this the place to get all the meals from at Wheatley?

The food is good and there is a range of choices - the kitchens have microwaves and a small hob so you can make lunch. Ask if you have any questions - I think it's good value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending