The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I like long hair on guys but wouldn't call it a fetish because it isn't sexually based.

So why do you like it then? You like societal values in a partner/friend (surely not friend since you specifically said guys?) that are correlated with having long hair?
Original post by drowzee
Why thank you. I could same about you too. No, it is most certainly not weird. Everyone has fetishes, and our fetish is more tame compared to others.

There was totally a pun intended there haha!
Original post by drowzee
Why thank you. I could same about you too. No, it is most certainly not weird. Everyone has fetishes, and our fetish is more tame compared to others.

Hair for the win! :biggrin:
Original post by nukeproof
I love looking, playing anything really that involves hair. And yeah rapunzels pretty fit dayumm dat ass hair :biggrin:

Original post by SkittleLover
yep fully agree Mother Gothel is a greedy cow who just wanted to stay young then in the end BOOM short hair

Lmfao :rofl:
really guys? Really? :tongue:

altho id love Rapunzels hair.. mine was about down to my backside and then i got it cut to shoulder length :lol:

Original post by NutE
My previous partner had a hair fetish, not of head hair but bodily hair. And because I'm Pakistani, it was great as I didn't have to wax my body lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry im Pakistani and i know the efforts of waxing :lol:
Original post by TorpidPhil
I swear an admiration of elegant and majestic long hair on females especially if a pretty damn normal sexual preference. There's a reason women don't ever go bald for fashion and it's deeper than societal expectations. Also, the existence of hijab? Hello???

I would say you're abnormal if you didn't find hair like this exceptionally attractive:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=391799&d=1430768489

Its one thing to have an admiration for long hair, but it is more rare to have a fetish for long hair. :judge:
So why do you like it then? You like societal values in a partner/friend (surely not friend since you specifically said guys?) that are correlated with having long hair?

Didn't think I'd have to explain why I like it, as I certainly do not know why I do. I just do. Might be societal/cultural reasons, might even be due to a repressed early childhood memory, there's tons of reasons why people have likes and preferences.
Original post by Princess31

altho id love Rapunzels hair.. mine was about down to my backside and then i got it cut to shoulder length :lol:

Boooo Hisss :biggrin:
Didn't think I'd have to explain why I like it, as I certainly do not know why I do. I just do. Might be societal/cultural reasons, might even be due to a repressed early childhood memory, there's tons of reasons why people have likes and preferences.

Those things manifest themselves sexually though. They're all interlinked.

For example as I myself have come to value healthiness more I have become more and more attracted to athletic female physics. This certainly isn't innate, yet my attraction to such physiques is nevertheless clearly a sexual attraction - even if its cause is not innate.

What we find sexually attractive is mostly not innate.

I just thought what you were saying was a funny distinction to make. I find x sexually preferable to y, but not for sexual reasons...?
Original post by Princess31

Yep mother gothel is evillll and whatttt nooo my family tried to get me to do that with my hair but i was like hell no i like my hair long :rolleyes:
Those things manifest themselves sexually though. They're all interlinked.

For example as I myself have come to value healthiness more I have become more and more attracted to athletic female physics. This certainly isn't innate, yet my attraction to such physiques is nevertheless clearly a sexual attraction - even if its cause is not innate.

What we find sexually attractive is mostly not innate.

I just thought what you were saying was a funny distinction to make. I find x sexually preferable to y, but not for sexual reasons...?

How do asexual people have likes and preferences in that case? I just like the look of it, I'm certainly not thinking of hair in any sexual capacity.
How do asexual people have likes and preferences in that case? I just like the look of it, I'm certainly not thinking of hair in any sexual capacity.

I am dubious indeed of the plight of asexuals. There's a big difference between being sexually inert and being so uncomfortable/unwilling to have sex that you don't even consider sexual thoughts, consciously or subconsciously. Regardless though...

I don't mean it's conscious. However it's likely subconscious. Obviously not all of our preferences are sexual - our preference to not have friends that look like american trailer trash is clearly not sexual - however hair is a very sexualised part of the body and I cannot imagine your preference for a particular type of style is not linked to sexuality especially given that this preference is specific to males and not both sexes.

I don't mean it turns you on sexually... But, what I do mean is that you wouldn't have that preference if you were sexually inert.
I am dubious indeed of the plight of asexuals. There's a big difference between being sexually inert and being so uncomfortable/unwilling to have sex that you don't even consider sexual thoughts, consciously or subconsciously. Regardless though...

I don't mean it's conscious. However it's likely subconscious. Obviously not all of our preferences are sexual - our preference to not have friends that look like american trailer trash is clearly not sexual - however hair is a very sexualised part of the body and I cannot imagine your preference for a particular type of style is not linked to sexuality especially given that this preference is specific to males and not both sexes.

I don't mean it turns you on sexually... But, what I do mean is that you wouldn't have that preference if you were sexually inert.

Perhaps it is subconscious, I don't know. It certainly isn't an active decision though.

I also don't think I implied that I am sexually inert in my original post I think that's a deduction you made at some point in this convo. I'm just saying that there may be many things I find sexually attractive in someone, but hair isn't one of them. It is a preference, but not a sexual one.
Perhaps it is subconscious, I don't know. It certainly isn't an active decision though.

I also don't think I implied that I am sexually inert in my original post I think that's a deduction you made at some point in this convo. I'm just saying that there may be many things I find sexually attractive in someone, but hair isn't one of them. It is a preference, but not a sexual one.

But some of our preferences exist because of our sexuality, not all of course, but some. What I'm saying is that I think it is most likely that your hair preference is one of these. Of course, the problem is there's no way to definitely prove it either way, but that's what made it so interesting for me to read your initial comment where you boldly stated that you knew it wasn't a "sexual" preference. I do suppose you meant something different from that though when you said it than what I mean here.
But some of our preferences exist because of our sexuality, not all of course, but some. What I'm saying is that I think it is most likely that your hair preference is one of these. Of course, the problem is there's no way to definitely prove it either way, but that's what made it so interesting for me to read your initial comment where you boldly stated that you knew it wasn't a "sexual" preference. I do suppose you meant something different from that though when you said it than what I mean here.

Yep I wouldn't disagree with your first few sentences there. I just don't personally feel like that is sexual in nature, I think I just like the look of it.

And I tend to make many bold statements, you won't see any half-hearted comments from me :cool:
Original post by LaMandarine
My locks are ready

Spoiler

stud
Yep I wouldn't disagree with your first few sentences there. I just don't personally feel like that is sexual in nature, I think I just like the look of it.

And I tend to make many bold statements, you won't see any half-hearted comments from me :cool:

Erm, sorry to be pedantic and annoying lol, but what do you mean by "sexual in nature" because I just don't get what you are trying to say :confused:

Am I being dumb?

Do you though? I don't actually recall you doing that that much tbf
Its one thing to have an admiration for long hair, but it is more rare to have a fetish for long hair. :judge:

Erm, sorry to be pedantic and annoying lol, but what do you mean by "sexual in nature" because I just don't get what you are trying to say :confused:

Am I being dumb?

Do you though? I don't actually recall you doing that that much tbf

The phrase 'in nature' is a common phrase to refer to the nature of things being described not necessarily things that are naturally occurring.

Well unless you stalk my posts, I'd expect that response from you tbf.
Boooo Hisss :biggrin:

I thot so, but the split ends :cry2:
Original post by SkittleLover
Yep mother gothel is evillll and whatttt nooo my family tried to get me to do that with my hair but i was like hell no i like my hair long :rolleyes:

Hahah yeah i know she was... plus Rapunzel looked stunning with her long hair :love: Stupid Mother gothel :rolleyes:
Lool, my mum wanted me to keep it longer, but again ^ split ends :tongue:
The phrase 'in nature' is a common phrase to refer to the nature of things being described not necessarily things that are naturally occurring.

Well unless you stalk my posts, I'd expect that response from you tbf.

Ok, I must be acting dumb atm because I'm still confused :lol:

EDIT: I get it now. But my problem is what do you mean by "sexual" then???? How are you differentiating between sexual things and non-sexual things with regards to their nature?

I don't stalk your posts, but that memorable avatar damnit... I just don't recall you being particular bold. It's always more subtle are your claims. Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I don't stalk your posts, so I don't really know, it's just a weird recollection.

What does "I'd expect that response from you" even mean though?

:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest