The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Geography - GEOG4a (19th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does any one know any good websites for the stats bit? I always struggle with that section. x
Original post by Hanna07
does any one know any good websites for the stats bit? I always struggle with that section. x

I second this
Reply 82
Original post by Hanna07
What are we supposed to know for the stats bit? advantages/disadvantages ect.?

Yeah, and how to complete them. Make sure you know the results for your methods and hypothesis as you will definitely have to analyse them at some point in the conclusion or wherever...
Reply 83
This may sound like a really stupid question:

What is the difference between- Conclusion, Evaluation and Summary?
As if i got them i think i'd write basically the same thing in all...HELP
Original post by JTBullen
in my opinion yes, or your investigation as a whole :smile:

Reply 85
What is data analysis for a river study? Could it be using width and depth of the river to work out cross-sectional area?
Guys I think the predictions for Statistics to come up on tomorrow's paper might be less likely since they're now using the reserve paper. Whilst it was likely that stats would come up on the original planned paper, a van containing aqa papers was stolen, so they've been forced to write a whole new exam for tomorrow. Just saying it might not be as likely as you think now! :/
Original post by georgierobins0n
Guys I think the predictions for Statistics to come up on tomorrow's paper might be less likely since they're now using the reserve paper. Whilst it was likely that stats would come up on the original planned paper, a van containing aqa papers was stolen, so they've been forced to write a whole new exam for tomorrow. Just saying it might not be as likely as you think now! :/

I'm sure that was only GEOG 4B, I've seen a list of the exams and that was the only one on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRaspberry
Yeah good point :smile:

It is just Mann whitney.... :smile:

I havent looked at unit 4a since jan but i remember that it can only be used with two data sets that are unrelated (independent of each other) and it can only be used for data sets between 5-20, ie very small samples. you form a hypothesis and a null hypthesis. The two u vaules are worked out (you dont need to know how) ie ANY of the values are LESS than the critical value, the result is signicant. Thus the null is rejected and hypo is accepted. this shows that the two values ARE indpedent of each other an due to CHANCE. and for a greater value than Critical value vica versa.
Hope this helps, i wrote this down in jan knowing id have to leave revsion for this until last min:smile:
Original post by georgierobins0n

it might not have been a stats test that was on the original? Revise everything i say!
Are we expected to know the formulas for the stat tests by heart?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JOSE MOU
Are we expected to know the formulas for the stat tests by heart?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure you don't, they would give them to you in the unlikely event that you actually have to carry out the test.
Reply 92
how would you answer a question which asks how and why you picked that location?

sorry, have no notes from teachers and mark scheme is generic. thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hanna07
how would you answer a question which asks how and why you picked that location?

sorry, have no notes from teachers and mark scheme is generic. thanks

think theory, accessibility, restrictions on resources, time available, risk assessment at that location which you researched beforehand:colondollar:
Reply 94
Can someone quickly help me with what the sorts of things that you need to know for the Geog4a Section B? I know the 5(a) question usually involves input from a source/figure and a bit of knowledge which is pretty much common sense but not sure on the rest of the content, is there any useful websites?
Original post by OllyT96
Can someone quickly help me with what the sorts of things that you need to know for the Geog4a Section B? I know the 5(a) question usually involves input from a source/figure and a bit of knowledge which is pretty much common sense but not sure on the rest of the content, is there any useful websites?

If you type in on google 'slide share positives and negatives on skills geography 4a' there is a fab slide show that has the uses of all the graphs eg chloropleth maps and pie charts and the pros and cons! They could ask for the usefulness of some of these graphs so this can help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanna07
What are we supposed to know for the stats bit? advantages/disadvantages ect.?

If you type in 'aqa spec skills 4a' there is a list of techniques on their website you need eg 'line graphs' and 'isoline maps' then you just go on google and do research about the pros and cons of them :smile:(slide share is good for this) you could get a question saying 'usefulness of graphical techniques' aqa list the techniques with a heading so you can see what comes under each one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck today everyone!!! :hugs::goodluck:
I think a few questions from june 2013 is going to come up because there seems to be a pattern:/
Anyone know advantages and disadvantages of scattergraphs for presenting data?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending