The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Pet (Lizards, Snakes etc.) Policy at Chester

Hi guys :smile:

I'm joining Chester Uni in September on the Animal Behaviour degree.

At home now I have a cat, a rabbit, a bearded dragon and four Silkie chickens, which my parents have agreed to look after when I'm at uni. I would take my bearded dragon with me, as he's not messy at all, but my mum's become too attached to him and won't let me take him :biggrin:.

I'd love a corn snake, and I always have wanted one. I've researched the set-ups and everything, as many reptile keepers have said that they would be okay in a decent-sized Really Useful Box with a heat mat and substrate etc. underneath my bed, and I'd buy a mouse only whenever he or she needed to eat. I'd never keep any in the freezer or anything.

I've searched everywhere for Chester's pet policy in their student accommodation, and they're not revealing anything :mad:. I thought that maybe if he or she was under my bed, not creating any mess, not smelling at all, I could get away with it. Obviously I don't want to lose my place on the course though, so I thought I'd ask current students and see.

Sorry for the essay, and yes I would look after the snake very well and it's not something I'd do on a whim; I've read lots of books and websites on correct snake care and how best to set up a habitat that the animal would thrive in.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Reply 1
Original post by ZoeJay97
Hi guys :smile:

I'm joining Chester Uni in September on the Animal Behaviour degree.

At home now I have a cat, a rabbit, a bearded dragon and four Silkie chickens, which my parents have agreed to look after when I'm at uni. I would take my bearded dragon with me, as he's not messy at all, but my mum's become too attached to him and won't let me take him :biggrin:.

I'd love a corn snake, and I always have wanted one. I've researched the set-ups and everything, as many reptile keepers have said that they would be okay in a decent-sized Really Useful Box with a heat mat and substrate etc. underneath my bed, and I'd buy a mouse only whenever he or she needed to eat. I'd never keep any in the freezer or anything.

I've searched everywhere for Chester's pet policy in their student accommodation, and they're not revealing anything :mad:. I thought that maybe if he or she was under my bed, not creating any mess, not smelling at all, I could get away with it. Obviously I don't want to lose my place on the course though, so I thought I'd ask current students and see.

Sorry for the essay, and yes I would look after the snake very well and it's not something I'd do on a whim; I've read lots of books and websites on correct snake care and how best to set up a habitat that the animal would thrive in.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Chester's 13/14 accommodation guide is here. It says that no pets are allowed except guide dogs.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Snakes :hide:
Hi, afraid that's correct. No pets allowed in accommodation. (Especially snakes! :eek: :wink:)

You're doing the Animal Behaviour degree though? You'll have plenty of opportunity to see the animals at Reaseheath College and Chester Zoo!
Reply 4
Okay, thank you guys :3

I feel like a fool for asking now though xD And yeah, definitely, Reaseheath and Chester Zoo look fantastic, will be such an amazing experience. Thank you for answering my question, and no, I definitely won't attempt it :smile:
Original post by ZoeJay97
Okay, thank you guys :3

I feel like a fool for asking now though xD And yeah, definitely, Reaseheath and Chester Zoo look fantastic, will be such an amazing experience. Thank you for answering my question, and no, I definitely won't attempt it :smile:

Don't worry about it! Looking forward to seeing you in September! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending