The Student Room Group

'summer job'

hey i was just wondering how possible it is to get a summer job i.e. july-september or how you go about it or good places to try and get work from because
even though i want a job and to be able to save up a little and would be willing to do a couple days a week somewhere boring like a shop or a supermarket, i will have a 2 week holiday right in the middle, which im assuming employers who just want someone to work the till/stack the shelves wont be impressed by.

how can i earn money around my holiday? what i think was quite good is that last year i worked at a summer school for a week and got paid £180 or something which was pretty good since i could just dedicate one week to it and not have to be flexible around other stuff

does anyone know of any short term flexible jobs that can be done over summer?
Original post by J-SP
Temp agencies are your best bet for office work. Plenty of people take the summer off due to lack of childcare so there are usual interim roles available to cover these type of jobs, even if ta at an admin level.

That or approach companies that will have seasonal peaks (like travel companies/amusement parks/wedding venues etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi, thanks for your reply.
im 18 and a non graduate so I don't know if id be allowed to do an office temp job. maybe im wrong but I assumed theyd want graduates.
Reply 2
Original post by EmergencyBagels
hi, thanks for your reply.
im 18 and a non graduate so I don't know if id be allowed to do an office temp job. maybe im wrong but I assumed theyd want graduates.

You don't need to be a graduate to be an admin, just good on the phone, good literacy of common computer programs, be reliable and trustworthy.

I got a year long one straight out of doing my A levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending