The Student Room Group

Recommend some foods that are filling!

I currently take some medication that makes me really hungry and quite frankly, I don't want to be stuffing my face all the time. I also run.

I have a nutribullet.

Supermarket wise - we have Lidl, Aldi and Sainsburys.

I eat meat, btw.

Budget wise - I don't want to be spending more than £20 - 25 a week on food.

Thanks. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd recommend watermelon, pretty filling and low calories, aswell as beans, green smoothies (spinach, collard, kale), baked potatoes, extra lean beef
Stuff high in protein like tuna and chicken is very filling for its calorie intake

High fibre foods like refried beans, lentils etc are good too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rice cakes. Nice cheap, filling snack. Its pretty versatile as you could use a large range of goodies as toppings.

Reply 4
Rice. Not sayin that because i am asian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chocolate fudge cake with some sauce and 2 scoops of ice cream or hot custard
Reply 6
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Chocolate fudge cake with some sauce and 2 scoops of ice cream or hot custard

Haha, good one but one but not healthy! :smile:

Bananas are pretty filling..
Sandwiches are simple and you can include any ingredients you want.

Depending on what you add they can be healthy and filling.
Like someone already mentioned, high protein stuff will make you feel fuller for longer. Also, soups are good for the same.

In terms of if you're hungry and don't want to be eating things with high calorie intake, you could try drinking a glass of water before every meal as this might help you feel fuller. Also maybe if you need a snack between meals try to go for vegetables and fruits as these aren't too calorific either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by OU Student
I currently take some medication that makes me really hungry and quite frankly, I don't want to be stuffing my face all the time. I also run.

I have a nutribullet.

Supermarket wise - we have Lidl, Aldi and Sainsburys.

I eat meat, btw.

Budget wise - I don't want to be spending more than £20 - 25 a week on food.

Thanks. :smile:

Porridge, bananas, nuts, pasta, oranges, apples, pulses etc

Basically you are looking for low GI foods (Your body digests these foods more slowly so you feeling full for longer without feeling hungry all the time).

This is a link to the 'diet' but it doesn't have to be a diet as such just info. on more filling foods.:smile: - look for the 'low' GI stuff

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/
Oats are always great, mix it with some good peanut butter (I use the chocolate fudge butter from The Protein Works)

A sweet potato with melted cheese on will do you pretty good!
I made a smoothie today and it seriously filled me up! It contained strawberries, blueberries, 1 whole banana, spinach, 200ml coconut milk, ice, oats and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. I also suggest brown rice, cous cous and wraps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
protein + fat meals

fat meaning good fat

Quick Reply

Latest