The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a girl.

And if my boyfriend expected me to be a virgin I'd be horrified. It really doesn't matter.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl.

And if my boyfriend expected me to be a virgin I'd be horrified. It really doesn't matter.

it really does
Original post by Mankytoes
I don't know if you're winding me up but I've explained my posiition on that like five times now.

Im not trying to wind you up but you did contradict yourself a bit in what you said, or I couldnt really understand exactly how you feel about it. Because you said "She can, I've already said I think open relationships are fine. Just for me personally, in my current relationship, we're happier monogamous."

So you're saying that she can sleep with other people and you think it'd be fine but also that you are happier monogamous.. so they contrast a bit, that's why I asked you a specific situation, if your gf explained to you she doesnt feel she's had enough of a sexual past are you ok with her to sleep with people say over this month?
Original post by lucaf
hmmm that raises a question; does the OP mean want them actually to be a virgin on your wedding night, or just when you start dating them? Because I don't think most guys who end up dating a virgin would actually want to wait til their wedding night :tongue:

Tbh I would have happily waited and wish I had. Would have likely prevented what I now see as a mistake.
Original post by icdjabtjk
Im not trying to wind you up but you did contradict yourself a bit in what you said, or I couldnt really understand exactly how you feel about it. Because you said "She can, I've already said I think open relationships are fine. Just for me personally, in my current relationship, we're happier monogamous."

So you're saying that she can sleep with other people and you think it'd be fine but also that you are happier monogamous.. so they contrast a bit, that's why I asked you a specific situation, if your gf explained to you she doesnt feel she's had enough of a sexual past are you ok with her to sleep with people say over this month?

Fair enough, that isn't fully clear. What I'm saying is I think open relationships are fine in a general sense. So if someone says they are in an open relationship, I don't look down on them, and I wouldn't rule one out for myself absolutely, though I think they aren't for me, judging by my current emotions on the issue.

I would say no, because it would upset me, I love her and I enjoy our current set up, I'd ask why she was feeling this way, what else I could do. I don't mind open relationships, but I don't think it's usually a good idea to just switch back and forth whenever you're wanting some strange.

I know what you're saying, that I'm saying I don't want a girl sleeping with other people at this point, and you're saying you don't want her seeing other people at all, and you don't see much difference. But I don't see how you have any right to dictate someone's behaviour when they aren't in a relationship with you. I don't know if you know social contract theory, it's the idea that we all accept our rights and responibilities in being part of a nation state in a theoretical contract. I would say you can see a relationship the same way, there's a theoretical contract where you abide by certain behaviours, but it can only be seen as in force during the relationship.
[QUOTE="Mankytoes;55431837"]

Original post by 41b
Right, that's true.

Your point is that if a man consents to his wife having sex with others, then he in principle has no problem with his wife having sex with others.

The time variance seems to me irrelevant, because, if you consent to your wife having sex with others before marriage, then you should, after discussing it, also consent to her having sex with others in marriage.

If she told you that she was about to sleep with someone else and discussed it with you beforehand, then she is not abusing your trust, under the premise of the acceptance that her sleeping with others is not problematic in of itself.

The only thing she is harming is your ego.

Which is what Mankytoes is suggesting that icdjabtjk is concerned with.
I wouldn't consent to my wife having sex with other men, however if I did I would be having sex with as many different women as I can. One sided open relationships are reserved for only the most beta cuckolds. If she's getting some i'm getting some, no one sidedness where she has her cake and eats it without me having my cake and eating it too.
Reply 166
Original post by The Reasoner

I wouldn't consent to my wife having sex with other men, however if I did I would be having sex with as many different women as I can. One sided open relationships are reserved for only the most beta cuckolds. If she's getting some i'm getting some, no one sidedness where she has her cake and eats it without me having my cake and eating it too.

What about gangbangs with your friends and her?

As exciting as that is, I doubt any serious marriage can withstand them. I was really sexually promiscuous until last year until I kind of had a growing up moment. The free sex was a lot of fun, but .. I don't think it was worth it. I feel a little sick, looking back. Would it be worthwhile to have that feeling in a marriage?

Sexual promiscuity, in my opinion, for anyone is a weakness. You shouldn't be with a weak girl, and being weak yourself doesn't make it better.
why dont people realise that slutty girls are essential to the 18-25 age ecosystem? a few girls who are passed around are needed to sedate all the guys who need some pumpum.
Reply 168
Original post by al_94
Submissive virgin is obviously the best.

You already had one?
Reply 169
Original post by welcometoib
why dont people realise that slutty girls are essential to the 18-25 age ecosystem? a few girls who are passed around are needed to sedate all the guys who need some pumpum.

The question is whether you want to marry one of those girls that got passed around.
Original post by 41b
What about gangbangs with your friends and her?

As exciting as that is, I doubt any serious marriage can withstand them. I was really sexually promiscuous until last year until I kind of had a growing up moment. The free sex was a lot of fun, but .. I don't think it was worth it. I feel a little sick, looking back. Would it be worthwhile to have that feeling in a marriage?

Sexual promiscuity, in my opinion, for anyone is a weakness. You shouldn't be with a weak girl, and being weak yourself doesn't make it better.
If I was in a relationship which I no longer have any intention of seeking with any woman due to women no longer being women, i'd have to say no. I'll happily invite women for threesomes and orgies though. :wink: I was the same as you but i'm 25 now and feel i've left that behind now, there's only so many sluts you can bang before it becomes boring. I've gone the MGTOW route, I don't need a woman to make me happy, especially the women that exist in our soceity today. I'm staying single and free, i'll save myself a lot of emotional heartache and depression in the process. I just hope more men start to wake up and realise the truth about women and their disloyal hypergamous ways.
Reply 171
Original post by The Reasoner
If I was in a relationship which I no longer have any intention of seeking with any woman due to women no longer being women, i'd have to say no. I'll happily invite women for threesomes and orgies though. :wink: I was the same as you but i'm 25 now and feel i've left that behind now, there's only so many sluts you can bang before it becomes boring. I've gone the MGTOW route, I don't need a woman to make me happy, especially the women that exist in our soceity today. I'm staying single and free, i'll save myself a lot of emotional heartache and depression in the process. I just hope more men start to wake up and realise the truth about women and their disloyal hypergamous ways.

But we are the problem. Women tend to conform to social expectation, and men have given up social leadership. Worse, we've turned against what society used to be. The problem is with men, not with women.

For every promiscuous girl I slept with, we worsened the problem. If men developed morals overnight there would be no more promiscuity, no more feminism, nothing. But in every sphere of society, big business exploiting feminism for cheap labour to government exploiting feminism for more tax revenue, control and power to obvious places like nightclubs and whorehouses, men have become amoral pleasure and profit seekers. Most women have either followed or been exploited. They talk about their rights and freedom to be promiscuous but don't realise that they suffer the most from it later in life. You can't look at women being shortsighted in this area and blame them, I don't think. And I don't think the feminist movements would've succeeded without, at least, male acquiescence.

Have a read of this article, it made me angry and sad:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/mallorymillett/marxist-feminisms-ruined-lives/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mankytoes
Fair enough, that isn't fully clear. What I'm saying is I think open relationships are fine in a general sense. So if someone says they are in an open relationship, I don't look down on them, and I wouldn't rule one out for myself absolutely, though I think they aren't for me, judging by my current emotions on the issue.

I would say no, because it would upset me, I love her and I enjoy our current set up, I'd ask why she was feeling this way, what else I could do. I don't mind open relationships, but I don't think it's usually a good idea to just switch back and forth whenever you're wanting some strange.

I know what you're saying, that I'm saying I don't want a girl sleeping with other people at this point, and you're saying you don't want her seeing other people at all, and you don't see much difference. But I don't see how you have any right to dictate someone's behaviour when they aren't in a relationship with you. I don't know if you know social contract theory, it's the idea that we all accept our rights and responibilities in being part of a nation state in a theoretical contract. I would say you can see a relationship the same way, there's a theoretical contract where you abide by certain behaviours, but it can only be seen as in force during the relationship.

Well personally I dont want to dictate anyones behaviour (before or whilst being with me), but I would just hope to find someone who I have a lot in common with, who feels the same way I do and is what I want through living her own life both before being with me and after. Actually if the only reason someone hadnt slept with other people is because I forced them, I wouldnt like that anyway. I want to feel like someone chooses me out of everyone themselves. I would like it for my partner to date (not even touch or kiss but just get to know for potential future romance) 10,000 people and out of all of them choose me, rather than say be locked away, forced not to date and then I am her only choice. In that case yes she hasnt been with anyone else... but it doesnt mean anything.

I wasnt trying to argue or trap you in logic btw but I seriously do not see a difference myself, why someone would feel completely fine for their partner to sleep with other people but very upset if they did it whilst being together with them. I can only think that people don't like it, but they kind of delude themselves into feeling good like "oh those other people are nothing compared to me, until I came along my partner didnt know true love, didnt know sex as intense as we have etc" and partners will lie to each other to carry this on and make each other feel good.. otherwise if this isnt needed, if couples are truly secure and fine with their partner having sex with other people yeah then I dont see why not during the relationship too!

I guess what you say about the contract.. I am kind of old fashioned, personally I like some aspects of muslim culture, indian culture (where they have big, close families), victorian british culture, medieval like game of thrones (I just really love the black or white sense of honour), chinese martial arts films (again loads of honour, like it's horrific to dishonour your family). I think I am a pretty all or nothing person and compromises dont often make a lot of sense to me, like "I would hate you to sleep with someone now! But you slept with them last year it's ok.." Either I hate it or I dont.. I kind of like a system which is quite structured and perhaps more black and white but makes a lot more logical sense (to me at least). I really like the idea of someone being loyal before they have met their partner. I used to be. I used to think "I should get myself in good shape for when I meet my future partner, I should do something with my life, study etc, I shouldnt go home with this random woman from the pub I should save myself for the person I'll be in love with they'd appreciate me more for that" etc. I did used to think these things, I remember working out in my room, doing pushups thinking I cant be fat, I have to be strong, be in good shape for when I meet someone I'll love and who'll love me. Really I was loyal to my partner before I ever met them in many ways. I tried to be good as well, I saw some of my friends treat girls horribly, so I always thought I'd be a great boyfriend when I met the right person. I would love it if a woman really felt like this, was considerate of me before meeting me, and for all that effort that she put in before she even met me, chose me as the one to give it to. This is a contract too in a way, to consider your wife/husband even before you know them, so that when you are with them you can give them as much as you can and share as much as possible together. I think. You will see this in many cultures around the world too where people consider marriage a lot before they've even met their partner. It does seem quite honorable to me as well. Though I wouldnt say that someone who sleeps around has no honour, theres many ways to have or express it. But I do like things like this.

But no I dont want to dictate it! It would just be nice to meet someone who is like that of their own accord.
Reply 173
Original post by Josb
You already had one?

No I never had anyone :smile:
Original post by flossicles
I think you'll find the insults that you are constantly doling out in this thread are what you like to call 'childish'. I recall you describing one poster as arguing in a 'womanish' manner. No one here has actually insulted you; in fact, they have called you out on being unable to defend the points you have been making. Your inability to present an argument effectively really undermines whatever you're trying to get at here.

Anyway, re what some of the other posters are saying in this thread, it is important to remember that while, yes, you may have your own preferences, others' preferences will differ. It is not up to you to argue that they are immoral. It is not up to you to lump all women who enjoy and partake in casual sex as 'sluts' who have 'lack of self control'. The fact of the matter is our society nowadays is a lot more accepting, and yes we are equal to you, despite what you may think. Our genetic makeup is different, we have different qualities, but one cannot survive without the other. I really doubt that you will find anybody worth having a relationship with if they accept your blatant misogyny as truth.

Whether a woman is a virgin or not does not define her. It does not overshadow the other qualities she may have, and nor should it.

We could easily survive without women actually, for many men women are only needed for sex, you don't have to be in a relationship to have sex with a woman. Women rely on men more to help them with child bearing and financial security. Quite simply women need men men don't need women, we just use you to our advantage rather than you being something we need. :smile:
Original post by 41b
The question is whether you want to marry one of those girls that got passed around.

depends how horny you are and your standards for a girl, im just saying sluts are kind of essential lol
Reply 176
Original post by welcometoib
depends how horny you are and your standards for a girl, im just saying sluts are kind of essential lol

Man, it's a poll thread. What is your opinion? If you had the choice, which would you prefer? Go and vote. :tongue:
Looking forward to finding love and getting married. Need to finish uni, find a good job and sort my life out first. I dont want to get married in my +30s. < That would mean I'd have to be single for my whole youth.
Original post by Naveed-7
Looking forward to finding love and getting married. Need to finish uni, find a good job and sort my life out first. I dont want to get married in my +30s. < That would mean I'd have to be single for my whole youth.

good luck.
Reply 179
"I am a young man. If I get married, I prefer to marry an equalist/dominant virgin."

I guess having a virgin makes it more special since you're her first. I doubt it really means anything though. I'd be lucky to get married at all.

Also I chose equalist/dominant because I'm quite 'beta' as per say and would prefer someone who could help lead the relationship. IDK. I probably just need to 'man up' or something, I'm still a virgin myself (no wonder).

Latest