The Student Room Group

Sex, Virginity and Men

Poll

Men, what are your sexual preferences with regards to marriage?

I am curious to see what other men of my generation think.I expect the majoritry of men will prefer virgins for marriage.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ArtGoblin
It was just a really weird way of wording it.

You're looking far too into things. I didn't say "I would prefer her to be a virgin until marriage," did I?
Reply 2
ChaoticButterfly
Don't care. It's becoming more unlikely that they would be a virgin as I get older anyway. I find the attitude that women who have already had sex are some how used goods deeply sexist and pretty ****. If I was a girl I wouldn't want to be with these guys.

So if someone disagrees with you, they are guilty of a thought crime and are bad people.
Reply 3
ChoccyPhilly
Neither of these. I don't mind if she's a virgin or not and I like her to dominate just as much as I like to dominate

OK, well which do you prefer, if you must choose?
Original post by 41b
So if someone disagrees with you, they are guilty of a thought crime and are bad people.

No. I just think they are misogynistic. If I was a girl I wouldn't want to be in relationship with someone who thinks like that. They can think all they like. I just look down on that way of thinking.
Reply 5
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
No. I just think they are misogynistic. If I was a girl I wouldn't want to be with someone who thinks like that. They can think all they like. I just look down on that way of thinking.

So, disagreeing with your view on marriage makes someone guilty of hating women and thus bad people.

Unless you don't presuppose that hating women is a bad thing. Which must make you a misogynist?
Reply 6
Arkasia
Dude, I came here to answer a poll, not take a psychology lesson.

Stop bumping that thread. :angry:

I think it is an interesting question though. Feminists argue that dominance is socially ingrained in men but anyone who knows any biology would know that it is innate to most of us, like calcium to bones.

infraspecies

Well no, normally preferences can be pinpointed to sensory responses which, while properly basic, still suffice as the base of most things.

Do you think its naturally, or societally ingrained for you as a preference?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm voting for the second option, equal/dominant, but really just for the equal part of it I have no interest in being "dominated" lol, but in having a reasonably equal relationship with someone I can respect/admire/see as an equal etc.
Reply 8
Original post by 41b
Stop bumping that thread. :angry:

Make me scrub.
Reply 9
Original post by Arkasia
Make me scrub.

A study showed that marriages where the women had no other sexual partners had an 80% chance of success, for 1 other partner it fell to 50%, for 3 30% and for any more 20%.
Original post by 41b
A study showed that marriages where the women had no other sexual partners had an 80% chance of success, for 1 other partner it fell to 50%, for 3 30% and for any more 20%.

A study showed that I have a K/D of over 5. GOML.
Reply 11
Original post by icdjabtjk
I'm voting for the second option, equal/dominant, but really just for the equal part of it I have no interest in being "dominated" lol, but in having a reasonably equal relationship with someone I can respect/admire/see as an equal etc.

It seems only implicit in your statement, but I don't think admiring or respecting your wife is incompatible with being dominant in the relationship. Wanting to degrade her is more part of the sadist/masochist dynamic. I am more curious about the Man's role within the relationship: the one who makes major decisions, wears the pants in the relationship.

A lot of people today believe in a relationship where 'no one wears the pants.'
Original post by 41b
It seems only implicit in your statement, but I don't think admiring or respecting your wife is incompatible with being dominant in the relationship. Wanting to degrade her is more part of the sadist/masochist dynamic. I am more curious about the Man's role within the relationship: the one who makes major decisions, wears the pants in the relationship.

A lot of people today believe in a relationship where 'no one wears the pants.'

Ok but I dont want to be dominant myself I want an equal relationship, some decisions I'd make and lead us both that way if it's something more important to me, some she'd make if it's more important to her and lead us both her way. I think equality is important. To me it is anyway, because I dont know if I could really properly love and respect someone as a partner I feel I'm above rather than who is an equal to me (I can admire, have equal conversations with, have equal influence and shaping of our relationship than have to do it all myself etc).
Original post by 41b
So, disagreeing with your view on marriage makes someone guilty of hating women and thus bad people.

Unless you don't presuppose that hating women is a bad thing. Which must make you a misogynist?

No, treating non virgin women as used commodities is misogynistic. As if they are some how unpure and not as worthy as virgins. It's a sexist prejudiced viewpoint against women. That is what makes them misogynistic. Whether they are bad people or not, I dunno, but that aspect isn't exactly commendable imo. They may have other redeeming qualities. No one if perfect.

I try not to be misogynistic but whether I am or not is for other people to decide. No one is perfect and I will have flaws :dontknow:

Hating an entire gender is moronic and is probbaly harmful to your own mental wellbeing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Certainly if I was to ever get married I would only ever marry a submissive virgin. My chances of finding one of those in the west is 0%. No woman is worth marrying today, I intend on staying single for the rest of my life, true love and commitment is dead there is simply no reason for me to enter a relationship anymore. I'm MGTOW and proud, even the most beta of men are giving up with women and love which is very telling. After all how can you love something that cheats on you, trys to act and think like a man in order to be equal and is hypergamous by nature? For me it's impossible, it's refreshing that more and more men are starting to realise the same thing. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 41b
I am curious to see what other men of my generation think.I expect the majoritry of men will prefer virgins for marriage.

If I did get married I don't see why the sexual past of my partner is important. I have little interest in sex so why should it matter?
Reply 16
it depends, i mean virgins are better to barter, i could probably get some livestock and magic beans for her
Reply 17
women are allowed to sleep with who they want, when they want, however many times they want. they are people, they are capable of making their own decisions and contrary to your beliefs they are not hormonal irrational creatures who's worth is based on whether or not they've been ****ed

frankly, anyone who thinks a virgin is more pure or better than someone who isn't is not near mature enough to have sex and probably isn't appealing enough to get sex anyway
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by The Reasoner
Certainly if I was to ever get married I would only ever marry a submissive virgin. My chances of finding one of those in the west is 0%. No woman is worth marrying today, I intend on staying single for the rest of my life, true love and commitment is dead there is simply no reason for me to enter a relationship anymore. I'm MGTOW and proud, even the most beta of men are giving up with women and love which is very telling. After all how can you love something that cheats on you, trys to act and think like a man in order to be equal and is hypergamous by nature? For me it's impossible, it's refreshing that more and more men are starting to realise the same thing. :smile:

yeah i don't know you but judging by this post i'm not certain your being single is entirely your decision
This is very stupid. I just answered submissive virgin cause I thought noone would answer that because its really sexist.
In fact I don't care whether a girl is a virgin or not. If anything if they have had more partners then they are more desirable.

Latest

Trending

Trending